GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Web/Technical Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/10/12 at 22:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Read the title of this thread .... where is it?

Well it's here now ... so start webbing and technicalling chatting ...

Google 'exposed'

End of Windows?

Not all surprising, but worthy of a read :¬)
Mon 14/01/13 at 12:47
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
What's the model and version of your router and does it have the latest firmware installed?
I'm think the router may be the problem more than the server or website setup as I don't think we've had any other report of this (tempting fate!).
Just checked on my Firefox and all seems fine.
Mon 14/01/13 at 11:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
The 'event' has happened twice today, so far. The router logs though show no abnormalities whatsoever.
Sun 13/01/13 at 19:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Eccles ... will do.

As I've recently rebooted the router, there's nothing of importance in the logs as yet
Sun 13/01/13 at 14:45
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Aha thanks for the clue. We've experienced a similar issue with some D-Link routers (I think, was a years or so ago). If you can, try checking the logs on the router when it happens, look for something mentioning dropping or blocking of packets. With the D-Link's it was treating lots of concurrent session as some kind of DDOS attack and blocking them, causing the browser to hang waiting for data to download.
Sun 13/01/13 at 14:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Not sure yet. Not in the office until tomorrow so will try and have a look then. Hope it's not a Vista version of Firefox only problem as I'm not a big fan of Vista!

Thanks for that Eccles, but I'll also add ... if the Netgear router is rebooted, then the 'problem' doesn't seem to appear until a few days later. Strange!
Sun 13/01/13 at 12:32
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not sure yet. Not in the office until tomorrow so will try and have a look then. Hope it's not a Vista version of Firefox only problem as I'm not a big fan of Vista!
Sat 12/01/13 at 22:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Still there chaps ...

images5.freeola.co.uk .... Freeola Home Page
images.freeola.co.uk ... Gaming Forum Page
images4.freeola.com ... Chat Home Page

Where's the problem Eccles?
Fri 11/01/13 at 23:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
I wasn't aware it did DL. What browser are you using?

Browser is Firefox and has been since before this 'issue arose'. As of last night, it's version 18. The OS is Vista 64-bit ... anything else, let me know.

It's a strange thing Eccles and at times, it can only be resolved by stopping each page loading and then refreshing it! However, if you ignore the 'transferring data ... freeola.com and freeola.co.uk' and move on, the page is still trying to load and every time it's trying to access the same three 3 image folders, which to be honest I don't give a 'toad about' but it does cause concern as quitting the browser and restarting usually has the page load totally, no problems!
Fri 11/01/13 at 21:48
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I wasn't aware it did DL. What browser are you using?
Browsers generally only allow a certain number of connections to a server to get resources the page needs. To overcome this you can serve over multiple hostnames and the browser treats each hostname as a separate server. We did this to speed up page load, not slow it down so we'd be interested to know your setup so we can try and reproduce the problem and tweak things to get rid of it.
Fri 11/01/13 at 19:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Question to Freeola Techies ... why does Freeola Home page on loading stick at 'transferring data' from images4 folder, images folder on Chat Home page and images5 folder on Chat Forums?

EDIT: This has been noticeable for months and I seem to remember one of you mentioning that you were having problems with an "image server" ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.