GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The mad last quarter 2012"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/10/12 at 12:44
"possibly impossible"
As ever, there are tons of games coming out over the last quarter of this year.

Forza Horizon, NFS, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Halo 4, Playstation All Stars, Skylanders Giants, Black Ops II, MOH...

The list goes on.

With so many games, there are bound to be so many you miss out on, so which ones will you be getting and is there a particular title that you are looking forward to more than any of the others?
Wed 10/10/12 at 16:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Warhunt wrote:
I've got to be honest, none of those games excites me even in the slightest.

I feel completely the same. I'm waiting for The Walking Dead and have nothing else on the radar since Resident Evil turned out to be crap.
Wed 10/10/12 at 15:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Dr. Garin wrote:
No, didnt bother with the demo either.

I hate region locking! I log into my machine in the US and its there playable on my steam account. Pity I'm in the UK at the moment.

Aye, shouldn't really be a factor in todays gaming. But ho-hum there are ways around it I guess.

I think it really catches the theme of the original whilst being it's own game. Really stunned actually, as so much could have gone wrong.

The ironman mode is pretty brutal too, once you lose a soldier he is dead forever. Even saving/reloading can not help you :D And the 'hacking' community have already tried to use 'rewing' tools to recover the character files. Nope. Dead as the dodo.

Also if you are hankering for some more XCOM, try 'Xenonauts'. Indie game in Dev. Looks tasty.
Wed 10/10/12 at 15:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt wrote:
Have you played it yet? I have it pre-ordered but 'have played it'. It really is better than I imagined, and vastly superior to the demo they put out.

No, didnt bother with the demo either.

I hate region locking! I log into my machine in the US and its there playable on my steam account. Pity I'm in the UK at the moment.
Wed 10/10/12 at 14:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Dr. Garin wrote:
XCOM!
XCOM!
XCOM!

I'd quite like Carrier Command too but cant afford any more games for a while.

Have you played it yet? I have it pre-ordered but 'have played it'. It really is better than I imagined, and vastly superior to the demo they put out.
Wed 10/10/12 at 14:51
"possibly impossible"
I've pre-ordered NFS and Sega & Sonic Racing Transformed.

I really want Halo 4 and Forza Horizon too.

Asassin's Creed III and the Vita game should be coming at some point around launch and then there's all the launch games for the Nintendo Wii U on 30th November too.

I'm lucky in that some of the games I'll get in order to review, anyway, but most I have to buy myself.

Then there are all the great digital releases like Unfinished Swan due to come out soon. Gah! Overload!
Wed 10/10/12 at 14:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
XCOM!
XCOM!
XCOM!

I'd quite like Carrier Command too but cant afford any more games for a while.
Wed 10/10/12 at 14:23
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I've got to be honest, none of those games excites me even in the slightest.

With MoP bringing me back to WoW as the best expac ever, and Borderlands 2 set to have DLC throughout the quarter, and XCOM being cooler than a fridge on stilts...made of ice!... I think I'm going to be ok though.
Wed 10/10/12 at 14:20
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I'll probably be getting Assassin's Creed III, WWE 13 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted out of the end of year mad rush, maybe the Arkham City: Game of the Year edition too, now that I've finally actually finished Asylum's story (11.5 months after starting it).

But with me having started FFXIII-2, Driver: SF and Mass Effect 3 recently, as well as trying to complete the Back to the Future episodic set - I've got plenty on my plate already (never mind the PhD :P)
Wed 10/10/12 at 12:44
"possibly impossible"
As ever, there are tons of games coming out over the last quarter of this year.

Forza Horizon, NFS, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Halo 4, Playstation All Stars, Skylanders Giants, Black Ops II, MOH...

The list goes on.

With so many games, there are bound to be so many you miss out on, so which ones will you be getting and is there a particular title that you are looking forward to more than any of the others?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.