GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The mad last quarter 2012"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/10/12 at 12:44
"possibly impossible"
As ever, there are tons of games coming out over the last quarter of this year.

Forza Horizon, NFS, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Halo 4, Playstation All Stars, Skylanders Giants, Black Ops II, MOH...

The list goes on.

With so many games, there are bound to be so many you miss out on, so which ones will you be getting and is there a particular title that you are looking forward to more than any of the others?
Thu 11/10/12 at 12:32
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I got Modern Warfare 2 as a win from this site, played it, wondered what all the fuss was about, then traded it in for Final Fantasy XIII (which I enjoyed a whole lot more, flawed as it is)
Thu 11/10/12 at 10:51
Regular
"How Ironic"
If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have played any of the CoDs since 4. I literally can't see the appeal in it.
Thu 11/10/12 at 09:31
"possibly impossible"
Reminded me that I still need to try MoH Beta, maybe tonight.
Thu 11/10/12 at 08:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
I'm digusted you've mentioned the joke that is CoD before Hitman Absolution.

Are you knocking 'Camp Or Die' there Chris..? ;)

Yes, we all know it's basically rubbish but we have to buy it because all are mates will be getting it. If just one person in the world refrained from buying it I feel it could start a domino effect which would end up with Activision failing to sell a single copy!
Thu 11/10/12 at 08:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
Tried the demo of Forza Horizon last night, wasn't overly impressed TBH (seemed very like NFS to me), doubt I'll be getting that. Graphics are very good on it though, it certainly looks pretty enough. It's not rubbish, just not really 'my thing'.

Also had a quick go on the MOH Warfighter MP Beta and that was actually alright, the last MOH game was appalling online, noticeable lag, dodgy hit detection (360 version was anyway). This one seems to play a lot better, I was still hopeless at it though and will still get Black Ops 2 instead. Might be tempted if I see it going cheap later in the year though.
Thu 11/10/12 at 01:35
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm digusted you've mentioned the joke that is CoD before Hitman Absolution.

I expect HM to comment shortly...

Initially, they removed David Bateson (the greatest gaming voice in history) and I thought they'd gone down the Tom Clancy route for the gameplay which would've sucked, but it turns out that it's the best of both Splinter Cell and Hitman games. I've waited way too long for this. Can't wait.
Wed 10/10/12 at 21:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I'm now changing my view ... for good I hope ;¬) EA and any online games under their 'banner' I'm avoiding like the plague! BF3 MP has now become a total lottery regarding achievements/scores etc etc and the 'threat of continuing maintenance' continues!

I've just lost 19000 pts tonight, which has happened before, but now it's a 'co*k up to far'. Thanks EA
Wed 10/10/12 at 19:39
"possibly impossible"
Yep, got MW3 when it came out and was immediately swamped by annoying idiots online so rarely played it. Still have it, though.
Wed 10/10/12 at 19:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Black Ops 2: I'm anticipating the same old rehashed rubbish we've seen hundreds of times before, with totally unrealistic team based games requiring virtually no tactics whatsoever, Oh and online it's going to played by quite a lot of idiots......probably still going to buy it though!

Oh yeah and I'm about as good as Peter Griffin at it as well! :)
Wed 10/10/12 at 18:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
MOH Warfighter ... arrives soon :¬) Really enjoyed MOH MP but now it will link with Battlelog (BF3) , I just hope that the game play differs from BF3 as the original did ;¬)

Getting a little fed up with BF3 expansion packs(maps) at the moment. CQ is enjoyable, AK is a pain in the 'rear end' ... new vehicles but still unpopulated as are the original 'vehicle' maps! Not sure what Aftermath will bring in December, but I can guess ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.