GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hacked Xbox Live Account"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/10/12 at 08:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Last night I appear to have had my XBL account hacked, this person has somehow managed to clear out my MS points balance as well as transfer another £21 for purchases which appear in my transactions list on Xbox.com but also appear to have been transferred off my account. These purchases were for a downloadable copy of FIFA 13 & an online pass for this game, a third transaction for a further £42.50 looks like it was declined (either by Paypal, my bank or MS).

Luckily I was actually online when these transactions occurred and spotted them in my email client. I quickly logged into my XBL account (via Xbox.com) and changed my account password which was a good thing as I have repeated emails from MS which would appear that this person was still attempting to access my account after the password change. Once I logged back into my account using the new password (which required a further security check) I found out that I could not remove the payment method from my Xbox account, there is an option to do this but the site does not seem to let you (says something like this option is not available at this time).

Anyway, after getting in a queue to chat to an online MS advisor, one long wait later and I did get to report this problem. The advisor told me that once you enter payment details into your XBL account (either Paypal or Credit card) only MS can remove it! I would strongly suggest anyone in this situation to contact them and get this done. I always redeem pre-paid codes for MS stuff (live subs & points purchases) and actually can't recall ever linking my Paypal account to my XBL account, perhaps it was when I first joined? (which was about 5 years ago).

Anyway, this MS agent has now put a temporary ban on any purchases being made using my XBL account until they complete an investigation on this reported activity. I have to call their helpline when it opens at 9am this morning (the number if anyone needs it is 0800 5871102) to launch this investigation and hopefully get my stolen money back.

Just a heads up really in case anyone on here is also unlucky enough to experience this, as a quick Google search would appear to suggest that this problem is not quite as rare as you might think...
Wed 14/11/12 at 20:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
This has been far more hassle than it should have been.

Can only say, at least you got it sorted! Your experience from MS has been terrible and it's about time that they learned from their 'errors' especially 'customer service' and it should be 'country based' and not that big warehouse in Mumbai, that seems to serve every possible human complaint with 'Frank' being the 'number one' expert!

One thing is obvious though...PC Online gaming doesn't suffer from this.
Wed 14/11/12 at 16:59
Regular
"I like turtles"
Another couple of irate phone calls later and I have finally got my refund today (along with a code for 1 month XBL Gold Membership for my inconvenience). Just got to phone them one more time to get my Paypal link removed from my XBL account (that option still not working for me via Xbox.com?). This has been far more hassle than it should have been.
Tue 06/11/12 at 21:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Go direct pete, pctech has decided to leave the fold ... so 'the choice is yours' :¬)
Tue 06/11/12 at 16:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Matto wrote:
i hacked some account like you described here my number is 07858925739

Probably not a great idea to give your mobile number out to strange men on a net forum...

@pctech Did actually think about BBC's Watchdog the other day, might give that a go if I still haven't had a refund by the end of the week. Could always fire off an email, nowt to lose I suppose. Would insist they played banjo's on the feature though!
Tue 06/11/12 at 15:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Matto wrote:

You have got to be kidding haha :¬D
Tue 06/11/12 at 14:21
Regular
Mon 05/11/12 at 22:17
Regular
"May contain nuts"
BBC Watchdog and shame them into giving him his money back.
Mon 05/11/12 at 19:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pctech wrote:
Time to progress with your bank mate I think.

No chance there ... go to MS and get compensation, damages and work on 'mental cruelty', always works that one ;¬)

@pctech...

Your suggestions?
Mon 05/11/12 at 17:37
Regular
"May contain nuts"
Time to progress with your bank mate I think.
Mon 05/11/12 at 10:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
pctech wrote:
Did you get your money Pete? (I can't follow the odd layout of these forums)

Had an email from MS middle of last week saying my refund had been ''successfully reprocessed'' and would be back in my account within 72 hours.........still no sign of it :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.