GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/12/02 at 17:41
Regular
Is it more widely accepted now? I feel it is especially after the results of xbox outselling gamepube. Do you agree?
Fri 13/12/02 at 15:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
Silent85 wrote:
> Does that have to cope with online lag etc??? no!
>
>
>
>
> but it does look a fine game I will be getting it once its over here.

Meh, there is lag in XBox Live. I have witnessed it at my assistant managers house. Not a lot. However there is lag.

I will say it again - online gaming is not ready yet.
Fri 13/12/02 at 13:10
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Does that have to cope with online lag etc??? no!

but it does look a fine game I will be getting it once its over here.
Fri 13/12/02 at 12:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
Belldandy wrote:
> Xbox, on the other hand, handles things like Mech Assault, Ghost
> Recon, Splinter Cell, Unreal and Halo, where tons of stuff is moving
> and the framerate keeps constant, and there is no slowdown, even in
> online games - which in Mech Assault can get very pyrotechnic - in one
> game 7 mechs bought it in a chain reaction and everything ran
> smoothly.

Ohhh you want constant framerate? You want a graphic battle. Make no cries until you have played Metroid Prime.

And beat this - NO LOADING.

That'll learn you.
Fri 13/12/02 at 12:19
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Yea I had a four mech chain reaction in river city and 3 buildings falling down while I was firing no slowdown what so ever I love that game so much fun!!!
Fri 13/12/02 at 08:56
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Maverick42 wrote:
> They gave Eggo Mania 8, because it was a decent title, but with a
> release price of £29.99, really good value. Otherwise, it would
> have been a 7.

A crap game is a crap game, no matter the price ! Just means you waste 29.99 instead of 39.99.... anyway, even NOM couldn't give Doshin a decent score because it was an appalingly crap game by all but the most diehard Nintendo fan's standards. As for Xbox / GC performance, well the GC does perfrom well, and it's a good machine, but I think the problem is with developers themselves making a hash up of coding - I played Clone Wars last night and it suffers bad slowdown, bad collision detection, bad targeting, god awful on foot sections..... yet Rogue Leader was excellent, again apart from some bugs.

Xbox, on the other hand, handles things like Mech Assault, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Unreal and Halo, where tons of stuff is moving and the framerate keeps constant, and there is no slowdown, even in online games - which in Mech Assault can get very pyrotechnic - in one game 7 mechs bought it in a chain reaction and everything ran smoothly.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 12/12/02 at 23:13
Regular
They gave Eggo Mania 8, because it was a decent title, but with a release price of £29.99, really good value. Otherwise, it would have been a 7.
Thu 12/12/02 at 23:12
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> 8 out 10 is still a good score.

Indeed, but if they were biased, shouldn't it be the Nintendo titles that collected the 9's?
Thu 12/12/02 at 20:14
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> NOM gave Eggo Mania 8/10.
>
> Enough Said.

ouch I didn't know they were that biased.
Thu 12/12/02 at 19:59
Regular
NOM gave Eggo Mania 8/10.

Enough Said.
Thu 12/12/02 at 19:57
Regular
"Festivus!"
Fosbe wrote:
> Is it more widely accepted now? I feel it is especially after the
> results of xbox outselling gamepube. Do you agree?

The GC sells because it has good games, The X-box sells because they are nearly giving it away. Go figure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.