GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone got Metroid Prime yet ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Tue 10/12/02 at 14:06
Regular
I'm thinking of buying Metroid Prime since reading a review which gave it 7.9 out of 10
Problem is - I'm not a fan of first person shooters ( prefer third person )
Also - I haven't played any of the previous Metroid games
I like puzzle games - Zelda , Mario - and enjoyed Shadowman on the N64 and Eternal Darkness on the GC
Can anyone give me an unbiased view of Metroid ?
Anyone know where I can catch a video of it on the net ?
Tue 10/12/02 at 14:06
Regular
"# most wanted #"
I'm thinking of buying Metroid Prime since reading a review which gave it 7.9 out of 10
Problem is - I'm not a fan of first person shooters ( prefer third person )
Also - I haven't played any of the previous Metroid games
I like puzzle games - Zelda , Mario - and enjoyed Shadowman on the N64 and Eternal Darkness on the GC
Can anyone give me an unbiased view of Metroid ?
Anyone know where I can catch a video of it on the net ?
Tue 10/12/02 at 14:18
Regular
"^_^"
It will be my first Metroid game too. But looking at IGN's review they gave it 9.8 out odf 10. It is meant to be the best game ever. However, my own view, from seeing videos is:

It looks great, you can roll into a ball (sweet) shooting is fun.

To be honest with you it looks amazing. However, we will have to wait tilll march anyway.
Tue 10/12/02 at 14:45
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
What actually makes it stand out compared to other FPSs? There must be something special about it.
Tue 10/12/02 at 14:59
"Darkness, always"
my unbiased opinion is to wait til it gets released over here before getting excited about it.
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Looks like a great game, but I'll wait to get excited about it closer to the release date.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:04
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I honestly can't wait. I ordered it from SR in september!

*sits patiently by the door*

:D
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS. It's not a FPS.

Please read that 10x. People compare Metroid to the likes of Halo and GoldenEye - it shares NOTHING with these games bar the camera position. If you approach it expecting a FPS, you will be disappointed.

Approach it expecting Metroid in 3D, or without any expectations at all, and (I'm told) you will find the game of the year. I've not played it myself, and I will EXPLODE if it gets delayed any more, but the general consensus of those who've played it is that it's the best game on any current generation console.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:27
Regular
I'm trying to imagine FPS views in a ball, I could understand it perfectly well when it was side scrolling though.
AND HA! I owned Metroid and Super Metroid
*waits for someone to say they owned Metroid 2*
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I had metroid 2 on the GB.

*dances*
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:32
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Well I saw the new Cube advert last night with it, Zelda and FF Crystal Cronichles on and it looked pretty good!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.