GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wahey! Pikmin 2 and Mario 128 confirmed :D"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:37
Regular
Taken from cube-europe:

Now, we already had an idea that they were on their way, but Miyamoto-san himself has confirmed the development of both Pikmin 2 and Mario 128. Little is known about the two titles, but Miyamoto did say this about Mario 128...

"I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."

------------
Maybe by newness he means Pikmin with little Marios (i.e.128 of them) incorporating both of the games into one sequel.

I doubt it, but it's an idea ;)
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
>
> And Pilotwings, Rush 2049 and Body Harvest all get sequals
> exclsively
> for GC.
>
> I'll second that. Rush 2049 fookin rocked, pity not many people took
> much notice of it.
>
> It had some of the sweetest multiplayer modes on the N64.

I agree. I bought it on the strength of a N64 mag review (now NGC). Got it, and couldn't stop playing it that Christmas/New Year. It rule so much.

Got my N64 back off a freind today. First game I played. It had multiplayer gluttony and a superb single player. And fast cars. Why was it overlooked?!

:)
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:18
Regular
That's exactly what I did.

Got it for Xmas mainly cause of the lack of new N64 games coming out, didn't really know what it was all about and it turned out to be one of the best games on the N64.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:25
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Strafex wrote:
>
> Those blue coins are just a nuisance.
>
> The thing is though they aren't a must, they're only there if you
> really wanna complete the game fully. If you can't be bothered with
> them then it won't stop you from seeing the end sequence.

I know. But they don't exactly add to the game's longevity either because most people will tire of them quickly.

They don't pose a challenge of any sort, or require skill or thinking, just really tedious scouring of the level.
You don't have to do them, so I didn't.

That's why the game ended after 2-3 weeks of light play, and the game is far too small/short I don't care what you say.

It's fantastic while it lasts though.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:30
Regular
Strafex wrote:

> That's why the game ended after 2-3 weeks of light play, and the game
> is far too small/short I don't care what you say.

Hur?

I got a good 40 hours out of it and still haven't bothered with all the blue coins.

Then again a good 10 of them where spent jumping of things and kicking fruit at people.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I',m still going through it. 112 Shines.

About 25 hours of pla so far I reckon.

Excellent.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Fristly, Mario 128 just could be a code name, So at the mo we know nothing but remembering in mind that we saw a clip with Marios making a cube i think it was. but i still think it could be a puzzle game.

Maybe, But still with the 'Newness' that Mario needed?

Fludd was new. ok, I have to amdit thats it basically. New storyline, Thats always there. The same moves since Super Mario 64 and lastly much improved (Much!) graphics. So i really do think nintendo leader was right. There was something missing! Maybe!! The 2 player mode for god sake!! We loved it for NES and SNES Why can't we have it back???

Secondly:
Tiltawhirl wrote:
maybe 2 player co-operative mode....not sure how that would
work but it would be intresting.

Great idea, But Like u said... how? heres My mad ideas.

1.) One person can be a leader of the Pikmin group, And with maybe few new colours maybe there'll be more of Evil/Good pikmin...They'll have attacks and you can command pikmins with orders that the space guy can't do.

2.) 2 Spaceman people! Same as one player...but tasks need to use 2 people to complete.

I have only 2 from the top of my head. me thinks :)
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:39
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I got a good 40 hours out of it and still haven't bothered with all
> the blue coins.
>
> Then again a good 10 of them where spent jumping of things and kicking
> fruit at people.

I suppose...

I've also come back a fair bit to mess around too.
But it's still not half as big as it could've been.

The only reason I can think of this is that Nintendo are holding back a little so they can better it later on...
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its still my game of the year.

And its supposedly not even 'that great' according to some blasphemers on here.

MINIONS! THOU SHALT BE CRUSHED!

;)
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:42
Regular
No doubt a few more worlds to explore would have been nice.

I hope they go back to the Mario 64 type levels for the next game, more varied not all sunny beach resorts. The worlds where great but I would have loved to see a Snow world in there or an underground level like in Mario 64.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:43
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Strafex wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I got a good 40 hours out of it and still haven't bothered with all
> the blue coins.
>
> Then again a good 10 of them where spent jumping of things and
> kicking
> fruit at people.
>
> I suppose...
>
> I've also come back a fair bit to mess around too.
> But it's still not half as big as it could've been.
>
> The only reason I can think of this is that Nintendo are holding back
> a little so they can better it later on...

But can a game become too long?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.