GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wahey! Pikmin 2 and Mario 128 confirmed :D"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:37
Regular
Taken from cube-europe:

Now, we already had an idea that they were on their way, but Miyamoto-san himself has confirmed the development of both Pikmin 2 and Mario 128. Little is known about the two titles, but Miyamoto did say this about Mario 128...

"I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."

------------
Maybe by newness he means Pikmin with little Marios (i.e.128 of them) incorporating both of the games into one sequel.

I doubt it, but it's an idea ;)
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:37
Regular
Taken from cube-europe:

Now, we already had an idea that they were on their way, but Miyamoto-san himself has confirmed the development of both Pikmin 2 and Mario 128. Little is known about the two titles, but Miyamoto did say this about Mario 128...

"I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."

------------
Maybe by newness he means Pikmin with little Marios (i.e.128 of them) incorporating both of the games into one sequel.

I doubt it, but it's an idea ;)
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
MEGATON!
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:39
Regular
*dances*
me thinks that Pikmin 2 will be longer, and now you will be able to take over the WORLD!!!!!
or not
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Hmmm. have already taken over the world using only donkey kong and his seemingly infinite supply of barrels. You crazy youngster.
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
MEGATON!!!!!

SEVEN JAPANESE COMPANIES. FORMING TO MAKE ONE GAME.
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:02
Regular
UPDATE from my reliable source, Playboy (IGN) :D

Two of Nintendo's big franchises have new games in development, according to a recent interview in Japan's Weekly Playboy magazine (they have a small black and white games section). In the interview, when asked about what's next from the company, producer Shigeru Miyamoto comments, "'Pikmin 2' and the 'Mario 128' game that was shown at the [Gamecube] unveiling are both in development." Miyamoto elaborates a bit about the latter title, stating "I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."
We already had a good idea that both games were in development, but it's nice to hear Miyamoto himself actually confirm them. Even better being able to digest the news while looking at pictures of hot Japanese girls in provocative poses (Megumi!).

More as it develops (hopefully through future issues of Playboy).
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:05
Regular
Where did you get that from Er-no?

Anyways, Mario Sunshine didn't lack "newness" as much as it lacked length.
Pikmin likewise - they were both FAR too small.

Hopefully they'll do away with time limits for the main Pikmin adventure, possibly keep them in as a cheatmode for a harder difficulty setting.
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:09
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
auf deutsch wrote:
> More as it develops (hopefully through future issues of Playboy).

"Yes, she's certainly developed nicely!"

Oh....
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Festivus!"
SMS? Lack length? HA! If you scoured for all 120 shines you'd be playing well into a month...
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:17
Regular
So 100 Marios is now Mario 128?

Hurrah!

I want to know what its about, NOW!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.