GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forthcoming changes to the forums"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 15:11
Regular
1. We might consider booting the odd Notable off the Notable list. But I'm not sure if it would be by democratic vote, as that would be very catty. A bit like Big Brother.

2. We might consider an interim status between the current range and banned. I favour "learner" for the status tag and pink for the name colour to warn of danger. We could call them "pinkies".

Changes would appear to be necessary to improve the written content.
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:29
"I hate that!!!"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Doughnut Monster wrote:
> I like it to!
>
> what about if somebody's close to getting banned but ain't quite
> there
> you could make their name RED or something like that!
>
> JATs are red. Maybe maroon?

I forgot!

or orange!
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I admit I like the idea of having a set number of notables. That would stop the notables taking their status for granted and working hard to keep the place. Perhaps notable elections could take place more frequently too, say every 2 months.

There would be the election for people voting someone to be notable and the election of who shouldnt be a notable any more.
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:31
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> I forgot!
>
> or orange!

Maybe grey, a really pathetic shade of grey. That'd show them
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:33
Regular
Yeah that sounds good, and poster of the week will turn silver for the next week, that'd be cool, just like GAD, except it's not as good, but at least you know you aren't going unrecognised.
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:34
"Uzi Lover"
I think Notables should be called Gurus.

:-S
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:35
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
maddmun wrote:
> Yeah that sounds good, and poster of the week will turn silver for the
> next week, that'd be cool, just like GAD, except it's not as good, but
> at least you know you aren't going unrecognised.

No because people like Gerrid spam their way to the top. I have been consecutively 5th for about a month though!

Doing that would encourage spammers more though, dont you think?
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:36
Regular
or perhaps allow some html, such as font colour, uitalics and href's, that'd be much better, then I could EMPHASISE my things without using BOLD letters which SUBCONCIOUSLY alter your MIND
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I think Notables should be called Gurus.
>
> :-S

Guru Meka Dragon, lol! Guru Goatboy!

Its good, its very good.
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:37
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
maddmun wrote:
> or perhaps allow some html, such as font colour, uitalics and href's,
> that'd be much better, then I could EMPHASISE my things without using
> BOLD letters which SUBCONCIOUSLY alter your MIND

Calm down you.

If people were alloed to change their name the forums would be harder to read and n00bs would upload rude pictures *claps hand to mouth* into their screen names.
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
Humm...I'm okay with them, I guess.

Although Aliboy trying to make controversy by getting Notables to vote for Notables isn't in my favour. {:)

Unless Stryke becomes Notable. ;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.