GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forthcoming changes to the forums"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 15:11
Regular
1. We might consider booting the odd Notable off the Notable list. But I'm not sure if it would be by democratic vote, as that would be very catty. A bit like Big Brother.

2. We might consider an interim status between the current range and banned. I favour "learner" for the status tag and pink for the name colour to warn of danger. We could call them "pinkies".

Changes would appear to be necessary to improve the written content.
Fri 13/12/02 at 21:43
Regular
Weren't us Notables voted as Notables for being who we are? So why think of us as behaving any different to before the votings? Sure, we change as our circumstances change - that's why I've not been online so much, I now work.
Fri 13/12/02 at 21:21
"The Will of D."
*Bump*
Fri 13/12/02 at 14:13
Regular
"Wotz a tagline...?"
Goatboy wrote:
> Goatboy's guide to becoming Notable:

Where's the essay then ?
Fri 13/12/02 at 14:08
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Maybe we could make it as if the forums was a sort of twisted RPG and have levels for everyone. Notables, pinkies, regs, jats, and noobs will still exist though. For example Meka Dragon would be level 324 because each GAD brings up your score by 10 points plus being a contibutive member gives you points to. Every hundred days you spend on the site will give you 30 points. And maybe each player could have a weapon card that they could use to destroy people they don't like........okay maybe not that idea.

This idea would be awsome even though it's pretty pointless besides the fun-factor. If they do do this they should start everyone off at level 0 and not be all complicated to fit everyone's current status. Like poo....

I'll be okay....:(
Fri 13/12/02 at 13:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy's guide to becoming Notable:

Talk rubbish
Shout at people a lot for being stupid
Come 3rd in 2nd election
Shout at people for being idiots
Get told off by Loki
Talk rubbish
Win 3rd Election
Get told off by Loki
Talk rubbish

The End.

Since when did becoming Notable mean we have to behave any different? I've lorded it above drooling bonobo's since I joined. Having a gold name and access to the GAD vault doesn't change a damn thing.
Fri 13/12/02 at 13:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
er-no wrote:
> I was such a rebel

Now, how did that go?....

Step 1) - [er-no spams WLT with dozens of the same message]

Step 2) - "Sorry Tony, I promise I won't do it again, just don't ban me and let me have another chance" says er-no

"I'll let you off this time, but please do not do it again." replies Tony

Step 3) - repeat from step 1 until Tonys patience runs out :)
Fri 13/12/02 at 12:39
"The Will of D."
er-no wrote:
> Pfff. I changed, but that was before I became a notable.
>
> Only a few will actually remember.
>
> I was such a rebel
>
> *shakes fist*

Arrest him! There has been an Anti-fist shaking rule since you joined on the forum.
Fri 13/12/02 at 12:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
Pfff. I changed, but that was before I became a notable.

Only a few will actually remember.

I was such a rebel

*shakes fist*
Fri 13/12/02 at 11:50
Regular
I agree with Wookiee.

If any notables are dropped down to regular, they'll post in exactly the same way, which could well suprise some of the newer memebers.

Afterall, class is defined by actions, not the colour of my name :-)
Thu 12/12/02 at 21:51
Regular
*Does the funky chicken*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.