GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Everyone Please Read"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 15:01
Regular
I would like you to read this a few times before passing your judgements on me.

The Situation: Contrary to popular belief, I was actually off SR for 10 days, until the pressure got too far for me to handle. I promised Stryke that I wouldn't return for 30 days, but the torment, insults and accusations behind my back have got to me to the point where I have to come back and make a statement.

My statement: I want to thank those who stood up for me (namely Edgy) and reported certain people for particular offences (though I doubt much will be done). Next agenda - Mr Snuggly. Now, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but I was wondering if we can start a clean slate and I can be eligible for GAD again and it can go back to normal. Notables, contenders and anyone else whose wondering. I will not be starting a boycott unless myself or others are bullied. We have the support, but I really don't want to start a war on these forums. To anyone that has badmouthed me: I don't hate you, but am incredibly disappointed at your ignorance and the pure fact that you had to say it behind my back. I don't enjoy FOG as much as I used to, partly due to my own selfishness, but everyone on here is so hostile towards each other now, and trying to catch each other copying (and copying too!). When it was me, Grix, Golden Rhino, SSX Pro and Dringo, it was perfect. This grading system is in my opinion a sham and is not the right way to go about things.

The bottom line is this: I want it to go back to normal, with NO insults, because I have a zero tolerance for bullying on these forums and I'm sick to death of it. I want to win GAD's, I want to chat about games, films and life, and I want to be accepted, if I can put the term loosely. I still stand by my premise that the "I HATE YOU!" post was a joke, and SR were thinking up any reason to get me banned. However, I just wanna start again as Desert Beetle and make some friends on here, and possible make the peace between a few enemies. I don't want this topic filled up with crap about how much of a "loser" I am, but sensible contributions. I don't mind honest opinions, but please keep the insults to a very low minimum. Cheers. Shaun.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Let me ask one question.

Why did you, and continue to after being caught, copy reviews?
Why keep returning on constant banning?
Doesn't that suggest how well you are percieved here?
This isn't me having a go, this is me asking purely why on earth you continually copied reviews and then pointed a finger at someone else for doing the same thing

And then you were caught submitting a review "with alterations", and you then tried to shrug it off as "not copying"

To copy from another site is cheating and stupid, to rip off someone that posted here and call it your own is beyond stupidity, and I can't get my head around it?

Just answer me that.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:38
Regular
"One More Chance"
Well mate you know that I dont mind you coming back (I hope so anyway) I mean after all I'm a staff member on your site :D
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:41
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
If you want to win free stuff, then continually copying reviews isn't the way ot go about it. Also, sending me an e-mail, lying about who you are and entering false details into your account so you can win games isn't the way to go about it. You duped me, in order to get your hands on more free stuff, and you took advantage of our generous system. In fact, pretty much everything you've done has been wrong.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Desert Beetle wrote:
> I would like you to read this a few times before passing your judgements on
> me.

The Situation: Contrary to popular belief, I was actually off SR for 10
> days, until the pressure got too far for me to handle

The pressure of being caught continually copying reviews?
That pressure?

I will not be starting a boycott unless myself or others are
> bullied. We have the support, but I really don't want to start a war on these
> forums.

A war? On what? You getting nailed for cheating? Boycott? You and a couple of mates not posting other people's reviews?

I want to
> win GAD's,

So do others, which is why they spend time and effort putting their own efforts in, only to see them get ripped off by lazy writers.

Sorry, but I have no truck with those that steal other's words and try to take credit for them.
That's my only issue with you Shaneo, the fact that you are a hack reviewer.
It burns me to see people steal work from others and pass it off as their own.

Lazy hack reviewer.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:42
"I hate that!!!"
Hey Snuggly wasn't that a bit harsh?
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
No, everything I said was true. When someone lies to you, you tend to lose trust and I can't see him winning again. Frankly I have no sympathy for liars.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:44
Regular
It's not just Shaneo who copies things though.

There are a load of Skies Of Arcadia hints which DO NOT WORK!

They were copied but no action taken.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:44
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
When I was a newbie everyone would gang up on someone e.g Shanoe I have nothing against him and I chat to him everyday on MSN and I have no problems with anybody.
People gang up on someone because a newbie calls a regular gay and all the regular's friends gang up and make fun of them.Well I would like to say hello and welcome Back to SR.
Chat to everyone and if anyone slabbers stand your ground because if I am there I will stand up for you.

Coley.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:46
"I hate that!!!"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> No, everything I said was true. When someone lies to you, you tend to lose
> trust and I can't see him winning again. Frankly I have no sympathy for liars.

You gave me another chance so If I weere you I wouldn't judge him like that.

Still I can see what you're getting at Snuggly, lying and cheating will get you no where
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Mr.Snuggly do you pick the winners on Sr every day or do you help pick people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.