GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"jehovah's witness"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/12/02 at 00:30
Regular
Two of them woke me up this morning banging on my front door.

I open the door, still half asleep, and they start bangin on about how video games are evil and what not. even had a magazine all about it.

Guess who had been up all night playing the getaway...
Sun 15/12/02 at 13:08
Regular
"Hmmm....."
What I had to do was go to all the 'Congregation' things with my dad. Think it was every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Two of them was at like this hall thing and then one was at this old ladies house. They would ask questions and my parents would always highlight the answer in this weird book I had and then hold my hand up for me and then everyone would look whilst they made me read out the answer.
Also, every year or something, there was a MASSIVE 'Congregation' of all the Jehovas idiots who went to stadiums and sat there for about 5 hours listening to loads of rubbish. I went to Anfield, Old Trafford, Goodison Park and Man City's grounds for these things and had to sit there all the way through.
Do you know how that would feel for a little kid with nothing to do!?

Worst time of my life. It nearly seperated my from the family because I felt so negative towards it... and because of the Jehova stuff my family were into, I couldnt visit the rest of my family like nan and grandad (who has just died) and uncles, aunts etc etc. So ive never had anyone else to go to in my family. I wonder what wouldve happened to me if I did split away from my family because of this. Maybe I wouldve been adopted or something. Hmm.

So, I guess you can see how strong my views are of any sort of religion. Its not that I disrespect other peoples views and say that what they are doing is wrong... its just that I dont like to do what they do and find it boring for myself.

Hmph.

Dude, go get your parents to read this thread. I'll teach them something.
Sun 15/12/02 at 13:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There aren't any Jehova's Witnesses around me, because they'd all get shot.
I may be lying.
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:59
Regular
did you have to do thems things were you had to read the bible in front of everybody and then comment on it? for five minutes?! i did, and very annoying too.

bah! at least it feels good knoeing that some people went through the same things as me.

*curses some more*
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I was chased by two old people brandishing jehovas witnesses leaflets the other day. They followed me up to my front door exclaiming, "Step into the lightness my son."

Scary.
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
If I could talk to your parents for like however long it takes... id be certain I could make them leave.

Im a strong non-believer (whatever thats called) and whenever people start saying religious stuff I either tell them to shut up, argue with them over how theres no such thing or they have no proper evidence or just walk away and ignore it.
That applied to my Religious Education teachers from Yr7 until Yr9.

Grr... I hate it.
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:53
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, I was also born into the crap and they only started listening to me after 10 years. I think I started getting Birthday and Christmas presents when I was about 11-12 and now im 16.

I feel like ive had part of my childhood ripped away from me.

So annoying.
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:51
Regular
Hercules! wrote:
> Are your parents still those things?
>
> If youre anything like me and hate the stuff, just complain and
> complain and complain forever until they leave.
>
> Thats what I did. Now everything is fine and dandy.

alas, i have tried this before, they are strong 'believers' and will NOT leave. ever. Unfortunitly.
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:49
Regular
Hercules! wrote:
> GRRRRR!
>
> My dad used to go to those things they all go to in the big hall with
> his mate and then started to do all the stuff that they do.
> Then he tried to make me go and I wouldnt because I absolutely HATE
> religious crap. I also didnt get ANY Christmas presents for years
> until I forced my dad to stop going to these things and that theres no
> such thing as bloody god and jebus and all crap things like that.
> So now he's normal, all thanks to me.
>
> Stupid *&*$%^$% *^&*&$!
>
> Rah!

Well unfortunitly, i didnt have that oppertunity, i was born into the crap and didnt get any birthday or christmas presents for 16 years (the age when you can decide for yourself apparently) when i left, much to the horror of all the old people there.

pfffft

*whimpers*
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:46
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Are your parents still those things?

If youre anything like me and hate the stuff, just complain and complain and complain forever until they leave.

Thats what I did. Now everything is fine and dandy.
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:37
Regular
Yey.

*sniffs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.