GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FoG Story - Battle Royale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 18:18
Regular
Headteacher Tony called out the register on the school bus. He was expecting some comical replies, these being the unruliest collection of schoolchildren (and teachers) that he had ever seen, but there were none. He suspected this was because the top 100 posters table doesn’t copy and paste very well at all, and the writer was a bit pushed for time.

Ratably Skink
Grix Thrives
Goatboy
Kid Rock
Turbonutter
Ant
Er-no
Your Honor
Sniper
Wookie
FantasyMeister
Meka Dragon
Ortaga
Sheepy
Mystique
AfroJoe
Ice Blaster
Tiltawhirl
Dan2K2 (Tony thought what stupid names all these people had)
SSXpro
Bonus
Tony…Oh, that was him. Cool. It sounded like a fun trip anyway, going to the zoo and all.
Stryke
Dringo
Strafex
Starlight
Longy…Tony couldn’t pronounce the two letters on the end of his name, so he just ignored them.
Time Warp
Mattyboy
The Game
Armitage Shanks
Pb
Pro Evo
Big slow
DeltaJava
SonicRav
Jetster
The Vottanator
Venombyte
ResEvil Fan
Reaper
Triple H
Fish-e
I am The Tarrent
Seifer
Slaveunit
Edgy
Fogmaster
Aliboy
Grandprix
Beware the toast
David
Adrian
Lord Semegal…Damn rich kids.
Joe Dark…Damn secret agents in training
Talkie Toaster…Damn novelty gifts
M16
Nw Jimmy
CDouch
Sibs
Slik
Mouldy Cheese…what a handsome guy
Twain
GasMark
Natbuc
Weird Wonder
Beanz
Cookie Monster…Wookies cousin, Tony assumed.
Cooky
Little Hedgehog
Shocktrooper
Mr. Snuggly…one of the teachers
Doughnut Monster
Magma Dragoon
Slipknot…He was currently smashing his head against the wall of the bus.
Monkey With Attitude
Solskjar 24
Vai
Shadow
Nomad Soul
Mr. Nice Guy
Quazimodo
Asher D
Monkey Man
Majk
Whooo Style
Rickoss
Iguana
Ben Hodgettes...what a gimp, Tony thinks.
Willow
Cjh
Darkness 2k
Lefback
Mantis
CJC
Uncle Albert
Snoop Doggy Dan
JaCee UK
Uksgamer2002
Golden Rhino

Whoo…long list that, thinks Tony. 99 of the little schmucks, + him = 100 people. How would they all fit into the zoo? It can’t be a very big zoo…Tony, an expert in farm animals, had never heard of it. Tony ducked as Monkey With Attitude swung over his head. He was used to all these animal like humans by now.

Tony takes a long sip on his drink, handily supplied by one of the suit clad government men who had insisted they come on the trip. In fact, they were funding the whole thing, which was pretty nice of them. Reminded him of a film he once watched actually…

Tony was just thinking how goddamn nice it was that they were funding it, when the door of the bus swung open, and a figure, silhouetted by sunlight, walked in the door.

Tony sighed. Shaneo was back, despite being expelled 6 times already.

“Shaneo, what are you doing back here?”

The figure looked uneasy, and replied in a Homer Simpson Double voice “Shaneo? Who is zis Shaneo? My name is Saleeva. I have a girlfriend, and I am in a band.”

He must have a new address. Damn Microsoft, giving away houses for free.

“Alright, Saleeva, come aboard. You may as well”.

Shaneo smiled, and took the last seat on the bus.

----

Soon, the drinks drugged by the government officials started to take effect. All 101 characters fell into a deep slumber.

----

Sheepy woke up in a hut. His first attempt at thought was to try and remember how much he had drunk last night – why else would he wake up lying on the floor? Sheepy rolled over onto one side, looking for anyone else. No one there. Damn. A sudden horror rushed through Sheep’s body, prompting him to jump up and look out the hut windows. No sheep. Thank God for that. He’d never lived it down after the first time.

Then he remembered – wasn’t he supposed to be at the zoo about now? Or had he managed to get drunk before he got there? The last thing he remembered was thinking how comfortable the coach seats looked…

His questions were answered by a sheet of paper he found lying where his prone body had been. It was A4, printed in black ink.

Sheepy prayed for it not to be a homework assignment.

The note read:

YOU have been selected to take part in Rattle Boyale. You have no choice about this. You will see that you have been given a weapon. The weapon is different for different people. You will not need to eat or drink, because it would just hinder the story. Basically, you all have to kill each other. The last man standing is the winner.

You cannot post more than once a day, and you cannot kill off more than one character per post. Don’t kill off people just because you don’t like them, and if you can’t remember who’s been killed off then ask me to send you a list.

Anyone can post in this story, unless I decide that you suck.

---

Sheepy looked around, and he saw his weapon. A bottle of Vodka. He decided that it would be a better weapon when empty, so he popped the top off with a *click*.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:18
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Headteacher Tony called out the register on the school bus. He was expecting some comical replies, these being the unruliest collection of schoolchildren (and teachers) that he had ever seen, but there were none. He suspected this was because the top 100 posters table doesn’t copy and paste very well at all, and the writer was a bit pushed for time.

Ratably Skink
Grix Thrives
Goatboy
Kid Rock
Turbonutter
Ant
Er-no
Your Honor
Sniper
Wookie
FantasyMeister
Meka Dragon
Ortaga
Sheepy
Mystique
AfroJoe
Ice Blaster
Tiltawhirl
Dan2K2 (Tony thought what stupid names all these people had)
SSXpro
Bonus
Tony…Oh, that was him. Cool. It sounded like a fun trip anyway, going to the zoo and all.
Stryke
Dringo
Strafex
Starlight
Longy…Tony couldn’t pronounce the two letters on the end of his name, so he just ignored them.
Time Warp
Mattyboy
The Game
Armitage Shanks
Pb
Pro Evo
Big slow
DeltaJava
SonicRav
Jetster
The Vottanator
Venombyte
ResEvil Fan
Reaper
Triple H
Fish-e
I am The Tarrent
Seifer
Slaveunit
Edgy
Fogmaster
Aliboy
Grandprix
Beware the toast
David
Adrian
Lord Semegal…Damn rich kids.
Joe Dark…Damn secret agents in training
Talkie Toaster…Damn novelty gifts
M16
Nw Jimmy
CDouch
Sibs
Slik
Mouldy Cheese…what a handsome guy
Twain
GasMark
Natbuc
Weird Wonder
Beanz
Cookie Monster…Wookies cousin, Tony assumed.
Cooky
Little Hedgehog
Shocktrooper
Mr. Snuggly…one of the teachers
Doughnut Monster
Magma Dragoon
Slipknot…He was currently smashing his head against the wall of the bus.
Monkey With Attitude
Solskjar 24
Vai
Shadow
Nomad Soul
Mr. Nice Guy
Quazimodo
Asher D
Monkey Man
Majk
Whooo Style
Rickoss
Iguana
Ben Hodgettes...what a gimp, Tony thinks.
Willow
Cjh
Darkness 2k
Lefback
Mantis
CJC
Uncle Albert
Snoop Doggy Dan
JaCee UK
Uksgamer2002
Golden Rhino

Whoo…long list that, thinks Tony. 99 of the little schmucks, + him = 100 people. How would they all fit into the zoo? It can’t be a very big zoo…Tony, an expert in farm animals, had never heard of it. Tony ducked as Monkey With Attitude swung over his head. He was used to all these animal like humans by now.

Tony takes a long sip on his drink, handily supplied by one of the suit clad government men who had insisted they come on the trip. In fact, they were funding the whole thing, which was pretty nice of them. Reminded him of a film he once watched actually…

Tony was just thinking how goddamn nice it was that they were funding it, when the door of the bus swung open, and a figure, silhouetted by sunlight, walked in the door.

Tony sighed. Shaneo was back, despite being expelled 6 times already.

“Shaneo, what are you doing back here?”

The figure looked uneasy, and replied in a Homer Simpson Double voice “Shaneo? Who is zis Shaneo? My name is Saleeva. I have a girlfriend, and I am in a band.”

He must have a new address. Damn Microsoft, giving away houses for free.

“Alright, Saleeva, come aboard. You may as well”.

Shaneo smiled, and took the last seat on the bus.

----

Soon, the drinks drugged by the government officials started to take effect. All 101 characters fell into a deep slumber.

----

Sheepy woke up in a hut. His first attempt at thought was to try and remember how much he had drunk last night – why else would he wake up lying on the floor? Sheepy rolled over onto one side, looking for anyone else. No one there. Damn. A sudden horror rushed through Sheep’s body, prompting him to jump up and look out the hut windows. No sheep. Thank God for that. He’d never lived it down after the first time.

Then he remembered – wasn’t he supposed to be at the zoo about now? Or had he managed to get drunk before he got there? The last thing he remembered was thinking how comfortable the coach seats looked…

His questions were answered by a sheet of paper he found lying where his prone body had been. It was A4, printed in black ink.

Sheepy prayed for it not to be a homework assignment.

The note read:

YOU have been selected to take part in Rattle Boyale. You have no choice about this. You will see that you have been given a weapon. The weapon is different for different people. You will not need to eat or drink, because it would just hinder the story. Basically, you all have to kill each other. The last man standing is the winner.

You cannot post more than once a day, and you cannot kill off more than one character per post. Don’t kill off people just because you don’t like them, and if you can’t remember who’s been killed off then ask me to send you a list.

Anyone can post in this story, unless I decide that you suck.

---

Sheepy looked around, and he saw his weapon. A bottle of Vodka. He decided that it would be a better weapon when empty, so he popped the top off with a *click*.
Tue 19/02/02 at 23:07
Regular
The note read:
'The last man standing is the winner.'

Well thats me boned
Wed 20/02/02 at 16:40
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Majk walked along the beach, sand warm between the toes of his bare feet. Shoes were not a necessity, he figured. But then he had never seen Die Hard, so he would think that.

In his hands was a pistol, and around his waist was a holster. He had never held a gun until the last few minutes. This was all so new to him, so forign, so dangerous...

He understood that he was going to have to kill a lot of people in order to survive himself. It was a tough choice to make, but when it comes down to it, he valued his own life higher than the lives of his classmates.

The beach was long, and had the sea on one side, large cliffs on the other. The cliffs were a perfect place for Snipers, Majk understood that, but he knew he had to get to a faraway part of the island before everyone else came to the inevitable reasoning that he himself had decided upon. Where he had started out was an old village - huts everywhere. Lots of people would die there, he thought, simply because there was a lot of people there to start with. This escape along the beach was his only hope of escaping the carnage that was bound to follow.

He had thought of going to look for Ben Hodgetts and the rest of his friends, but he knew that they would have to die eventually. He wasn't going to make it harder than it would be anyway.

He heard shots ring out from the direction he had come from. Who was the intedned target? Which of his classmates was now lying on the floor, blood trickeling out of a hole?

He shuddered, and looked backward. He saw a glint, which, had he been smarter, he would have known to be the lens of a sniper rifle reflecting off the sun, towards its target.

Him.

A single bullet flew through his skull, right between his eyes. Majks eyes widened in a brief moment of realisation, then he fell to the floor.

He didn't even have time to see his life flash before his eyes.

Our camera zooms out from the fallen body, and flys out slightly wobbely, very fast, for about 200 meteres along the beach, stopping at another body lying on the floor. This body had a gun: A sniper rifle, some skin: intact, and a name: Sniper.

Sniper stood up, happy with his kill. He was going to win this game, no matter what.

1 down, 100 to go.
Wed 20/02/02 at 16:46
Regular
Shall we make one or two rules?

Only one death per post.
And you're not allowed to focus on or favour yourself.

That should make things a little more interesting (it's what the better writers will be doing anyway...)
Wed 20/02/02 at 17:44
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
*5|\|1p3r sho0+z pB!11!!*
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:07
Regular
Nomad Soul wandered idly along a paved street, palm trees covering each side. He cradled an axe at his side, and was smiling slightly. The one who crossed him would be the next to go down, of that he would make sure. He needed an ally. Anyone would do really, someone hat could ease the icy knot of fear in his stomach.

" I can't. I cannot kill my friends. DAMN YOU!" he muttered under his breath.

He would catch whoever was behind this, and make sure they paid. Of that he was certain. It was Tony, maybe. Someone, at least. Nomad Soul hadn't been about for a while, and is thus not an important character.

His eyes flicked across the a shadow by one tree, caused by the setting sun. He had one chance, and he would take it. He dived for cover, and a bullet thudded into his foot as he flew through the air. He screamed in pain as he crashed into a tree.

"Got to keep moving...moving.." he mumured, reaching down to his foot. His hand came back red. He moaned. The pain was aching inside him. He grabbed a fallen branch and levered himself to his feet, limping away. He heard footsteps crashing on the dried branches that littered the ground. He moved faster, pain consuming him at every step.

"WHO'S THERE!" he yelled. " DAMN YOU, WHO?"

No answer. Of course. He wouldn't have given any. Just those footsteps. Always footsteps. Nomad Soul could feel bile in his mouth. He was terrified. He would get out of this, he would.

A shot rang out. Nomal Soul crashed to the floor as the bullet slammed into the trunk next to him. He cried out as his injured foot wrenched, trapped in a hooked root. Where was the enemy? He pulled desperately at it, ignoring the greater and greater stabs of pain that roled through him. Got to get free, made him pay...

He pulled his foot free and lurched to his feet again as a third shot sent clouds of dry rot billowing into the air. Nomad Soul fought hard to keep from retching, so great was the fear building inside him. He flung himself behind a trunk, axe held in trembling hands. He had this one last chance. The footsteps were getting closer. And closer. Closer still..

Nomad Soul yelled out as he hurtled out into the open, axe leaving his hands, spinning into the flesh of the man tracking him. His mouth had time to open in horror before the axe closed it for good. He crumpled to the ground, blood spraying everywhere. Nomad Soul bent over and emptied his stomach at the sight. Then he ripped a strip off his shirt and bound his foot. He picked up the fallen Beretta and tucked it into his belt. Only then did he wipe some blood away to see the face of the man he had killed. It was . A friend. Nomad Soul clenched a fist.

"DAMN YOU ALL!" he roared, and wrenched his axe free. He limped off deeper into the forest. He had to be harder than stone to win this. But he had killed Jetster...No, he had killed his enemy. The grim reality of that hit Nomad Soul harder than the bullet had.

2 down. 99 to go.
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:14
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Can anyone continue the story?
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:30
Regular
Yup. Go right ahead.
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:11
Regular
Who said you're the boss of the story?
huh
*pokes stryke in the chest*

pleassssse dont kill me cos i poked you:O)
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
FantasyMeister considered his options. His weapon was a 24 warhead ICBM with a yield of 300 megatons, so it was going to be tricky to take out just one of the list of names that had been assigned for this mission without at least some minor collatoral damage and maybe a broken window or two.

Still, a challenge was a challenge, and FM was always up for it. Using some highly sophisticated satellite triangulation techniques and an A-Z of Pembroke, he narrowed his choices down.

The target would have to be remote. Sheep could be considered minor collatoral damage. They hadn't invented windows in Wales yet. His choice was obvious.

He programmed the coordinates into the Inter Continental Ballistic Missile's CPU, turned it in the general direction of the Severn Bridge, and hit the launch button.

5 minutes and 48 seconds later, Sniper, who was considering how lucky he was to be house-sitting for Grix Thraves who was away on a camping trip in Fiji, and how rare it was nowadays that he got bumped off in a FOG story, evaporated in a searing fireball that mushroomed up into the sky.

The fireball could be seen as far as Swansea, but the population were nonplussed and continued to farm leeks and coal, thinking as they did that the 3 mile high mushroom cloud of decaying atoms and intense radiation was just another visitation from the great Sheep God, Baaaaahmut.

3 down, 98 to go.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.