GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trezeguet to Arsenal?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 09:55
Regular
This was mentioned as a possible £50 million in the Sunday Times. I don't believe a word of it but it would be lovely. I was extremely disappointed when we signed Henry as I wanted Trezeguet at the time. Does anyone know where this story came from?

It would certainly be nice to see Pires, Henry, Trezeguet (and maybe even van Bommel!?) line up for the Arsenal. If the board pull this one off I may even forgive them for the new crest!
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:33
Regular
If the papers are going to make something up they can at least make it realistic
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:29
Regular
I don't think Trezeguet would want to go to Arsenal as he is enjoying playing for Juventus.

Paper talk really and 50 Million???? They haven't got that much to spend on Transfers have they?
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:50
Regular
£50m is ridiculous, its just paper talk. I am currently reading 'The Professor', Myles Palmer biography on Arsene Wenger, and was given a unique insight into the club. Believe me, with the revenue (or lack of it) from gate reciepts there is no way they will pay that.

P.S. Anyway, Trezeguet is one of the highest scorers in Series A and is a regular for Juve - why go to Arsenal?
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Whatever!"
£50 million - That is just absurd!!
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Great Scott's"
The reason why Arsenal are trying to get Trezeguet is try to keep Vieira. They will try to show Vieira that they will make the big signings and improve the club.

They will not then, sell the player that they are trying to keep at the club.

I cannot see this happening this season or next season as they ar just building a new stadium and are planning for the future. They are not going to splash out 50m+ on a new player that may not make the impact wanted.

I cannot see Arsenal making 50m+ on selling players either. Wiltord will make 8m, as he is not a great scorer, they will not sell Parlour yet, Bergkamp will only leave to go back to his home land Holland and many clubs there will not pay anymore than 5m for a 33 year old. Kanu will not fetch anymore than 8m. That only works out to be 21 million. Not even half and Arsenal will have to find cheap replacements for the players you have sold.

Also I heard that Arsenal will be buying Callum Davenport for 4 Million from Coventry. A defender about 18 or 19, highly rated. That will make it 17 million to buy Trezeguet .
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Arsenal could always get nearly £10m from Wiltord's sale, and he hasn't really been a great signing.
Bergkamp, he'd probably still raise quite a bit, maybe £15m??
Vieira, anything upto £50m!!
Maybe Parlour could go?? Get rid of one Englishman and bring import a replacement, maybe £10m?

hmmmmmmmmmmm.....can't really think of anything else, and they'll still need quite a bit of cash soon for that new stadium. So I think Arsenal have no chance if £50m is the asking price!
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:47
Regular
Ye, Have to agree with ya there. He aint been playing anywhere near his best, but that aint been helped by all these stories in the media about him leaving has it? BUt he didnt exactly help matters when he took that trip to Madrid a while back.

Just as long as Wenger keeps saying he isnt for sale they should get a good price for him in the summer.
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:29
"High polygon count"
They're (allegedly) arranging a deal for Vieira to get him to stay - something in the region of £70k a week!

Even if this is true, we'll only know how things turn out at the end of the season.

Personally, although this may sound like blasphemy to other Arsenal fans, I would say let him go.

He hasn't been as good for us recently as he can be, and we've done okay in games where he's been injured or suspended. In fact, in recent weeks/months, Ray Parlour, Robert Pires and Freddie Ljungberg have been far superior, in my humble opinion. There's no denying that Paddy is a great player, but I don't think we'll fall apart without him.

And there's no point keeping a player who doesn't want to play for you, or whose heart isn't 100% with the club, as you'll never get the best out of them.
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:18
Regular
Arsenal should have the money after they sell Vieria at the end of the season :)
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:00
"High polygon count"
From Ananova.com...

France striker David Trezeguet insists he has no intention of leaving Juventus despite his agent meeting Arsene Wenger last week to discuss a move to Arsenal.

Trezeguet, who joined the Turin club from Monaco after Euro 2000, says he is happy in Serie A after scoring 14 goals in 22 league games this season.

The 24-year-old is content to spurn the chance of linking up with the large French contingent in north London.

Full story: http://www.ananova.com/yournews/story/sm_523877.html

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.