GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do with 1 Million Pounds?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/05/12 at 14:56
"possibly impossible"
Say you'd just won the lottery or inherited a million pounds from a rich aunt to spend on what you want.

What would you buy? Would you invest or just spend the money straight away? Would you still work in your current job/go to uni etc?

Of course, a million isn't as much as it was, would it be enough to realise your life's dream? Or perhaps you wouldn't want the money anyway?

I think the first thing I'd do would be to buy a bigger house. 3 bedrooms (well, 2 and a study room) is too small for us and as my daughters get older they'll want separate rooms. At the current rate it's probably half the money gone already.

We'd then take a proper holiday, as we haven't had a holiday that didn't involve visiting family and DIY since the year 2000. I might put a bit aside to develop my website further and the other site I write for too, to help them out.

Last, but not least, I'd ensure that some of our money went to help local charities or individuals that we know, but I'd need to find a way to do it anonymously.
Mon 28/05/12 at 21:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Haha what 'tosh' ... you can't do anything with a million these days! A decent house, for all, is going to take most of it as long as you select 'an older property', new build are 'tiny' for a million.

@Dr G ... best idea yet and the most practical.

Now if the 'pot' was 10 million, then you have some leeway to be sensible and extravagant at the same time :¬)

@lancenouse ... any particular church in mind, there are quite a few in England alone.
Mon 28/05/12 at 20:44
Regular
I would give half of it to a church and then buy lots and lots of video games and give some of them to poeple who dont have them
Mon 28/05/12 at 19:44
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I saw bounty bars on sale the other day, a 5 pack for a pound. I'd probably buy a million of those.
Mon 28/05/12 at 18:29
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
I would buy a Lamborghini Countach, preferrably the Anniversary Edition (cos they are the prettiest!) and a Mini for the wife (cos I wouldn't hear the last of it if I didn't)...

And with the £3 I'd have left over I'd buy an ice cream...:-)
Mon 28/05/12 at 14:56
"possibly impossible"
Say you'd just won the lottery or inherited a million pounds from a rich aunt to spend on what you want.

What would you buy? Would you invest or just spend the money straight away? Would you still work in your current job/go to uni etc?

Of course, a million isn't as much as it was, would it be enough to realise your life's dream? Or perhaps you wouldn't want the money anyway?

I think the first thing I'd do would be to buy a bigger house. 3 bedrooms (well, 2 and a study room) is too small for us and as my daughters get older they'll want separate rooms. At the current rate it's probably half the money gone already.

We'd then take a proper holiday, as we haven't had a holiday that didn't involve visiting family and DIY since the year 2000. I might put a bit aside to develop my website further and the other site I write for too, to help them out.

Last, but not least, I'd ensure that some of our money went to help local charities or individuals that we know, but I'd need to find a way to do it anonymously.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.