GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do with 1 Million Pounds?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/05/12 at 14:56
"possibly impossible"
Say you'd just won the lottery or inherited a million pounds from a rich aunt to spend on what you want.

What would you buy? Would you invest or just spend the money straight away? Would you still work in your current job/go to uni etc?

Of course, a million isn't as much as it was, would it be enough to realise your life's dream? Or perhaps you wouldn't want the money anyway?

I think the first thing I'd do would be to buy a bigger house. 3 bedrooms (well, 2 and a study room) is too small for us and as my daughters get older they'll want separate rooms. At the current rate it's probably half the money gone already.

We'd then take a proper holiday, as we haven't had a holiday that didn't involve visiting family and DIY since the year 2000. I might put a bit aside to develop my website further and the other site I write for too, to help them out.

Last, but not least, I'd ensure that some of our money went to help local charities or individuals that we know, but I'd need to find a way to do it anonymously.
Fri 01/06/12 at 08:37
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
Morning all ...

We now know what pb would do with a million pounds ... win a GAD!!

Well done pb :¬)

Thanks DL, and thanks to Freeola!

Don't forget it's Euromillions tonight, maybe one of us will be able to put these plans into action after today!
Fri 01/06/12 at 08:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning all ...

We now know what pb would do with a million pounds ... win a GAD!!

Well done pb :¬)
Thu 31/05/12 at 16:38
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Davidm4 wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]And with the £3 I'd have left over

You're very skilled at having £3 left over from any amount of money you are given >.<

What are you going to do with the other Lamborghinis? Look at them all because they are pretty?[/i]

What else?

I might drive a different one each day of the week....
Thu 31/05/12 at 16:16
Regular
chasfh wrote:
And with the £3 I'd have left over

You're very skilled at having £3 left over from any amount of money you are given >.<

What are you going to do with the other Lamborghinis? Look at them all because they are pretty?
Thu 31/05/12 at 14:10
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Wait, it was upped to £10 million??!

In that case...
I'd buy a whole fleet of Lamborghini Countach, preferably Anniversary Edition (cos they're the prettiest) and I'd buy my wife a Mini (cos I'd never hear the last of it).

And with the £3 I'd have left over, I'd buy an ice cream...
Wed 30/05/12 at 22:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just what is it with this "and I would give the rest to charities lark?"

Just delve into the concept of charities a little further and don't be so pompous, sanctimonious and naive!
Wed 30/05/12 at 22:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
This thread just reminded me of something :)
Wed 30/05/12 at 17:00
Regular
If I won the million(s) by the lottery I would take care of myself and my family (pay off mortgages etc) and some emergency money and then donate the majority to charities.

If it was from a dead relative I would still give some to charities, but would invest the rest.

I guess I would feel better spending a dead rich relatives money than the money from millions of poor families who dream of winning the lottery and improving their lives. I can just see them now, like Charlie Bucket looking for that golden ticket.
Wed 30/05/12 at 08:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
I actually wouldn't do anything that mad TBH. I would pay off our mortgage, definitely bin off my job and go and do something that I actually enjoyed. Wouldn't move house, would just pay someone to finish off the one we've got, had to do loads of work to it and it's still not finished. Currently in the middle of a rather optimistic landscape gardening project (started 2 years ago) which I'm intent on getting finished within the next month, had to do pretty much everything myself and it's still cost a fortune. It would be really good to be able to do things such as help family members through Uni, buy their first homes etc. as things like this are going to be pretty hard unless circumstances change drastically in the coming years. Would look to invest some but would steer well clear of buying Facebook shares.... or joining Facebook...... or watching that boring as hell Facebook movie again......
Wed 30/05/12 at 01:52
Regular
Exactly. I think most banks protection for up to 80k. Situation may be entirely different if you're a millionaire. I have no idea

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.