GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Politics - Your Policies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/05/12 at 13:25
"possibly impossible"
Many people often grumble and complain about the Government and their polices, but rarely come up with anything workable as an alternative.

So, now's your chance. Tell me a policy or law you'd like to put in place and explain how and why it would work.
Tue 29/05/12 at 18:41
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
DL wrote:
What "get you on the side" and kick you in, instead :¬D

Yep, and dig themselves an even bigger hole!

If you've got a boss that's that way inclined, I doubt an 'unfair dismissal' tribunal would be something you'd be considering as a dismissed employee anyway.
Tue 29/05/12 at 18:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dean5 wrote:
Expecting this, they might try and get you on side though, rather then just kicking you out of the job.

What "get you on the side" and kick you in, instead :¬D
Tue 29/05/12 at 17:54
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Davidm4 wrote:
You discover that your boss is corrupt. He probably doesn't like you now :p

Yea, that would be pretty harsh, but there is still nothing stopping you from blowing the whistle. Expecting this, they might try and get you on side though, rather then just kicking you out of the job.
Tue 29/05/12 at 11:43
Regular
pb wrote:
The other thing I worry about is the proposed policy to relax laws on firing staff, without affecting rules about upper management of course.

The Beecroft Report: "some people will be dismissed simply because their employer doesn't like them. While this is sad..it's a price worth paying"

You discover that your boss is corrupt. He probably doesn't like you now :p
Mon 28/05/12 at 13:37
"possibly impossible"
Moving on from taxes to something they actually go towards, what does everyone think of the way that services are provided?

Do we need a policy change on emergency services? They seem to be merging so that several counties share one fire-station at the moment and hospitals are fit to burst.

What about bin collections and recycling? Are the councils doing a good enough job there?
Mon 28/05/12 at 13:32
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]Scrap Council tax. We did without it for long enough beforehand, so there really is no argument that could ever fully support it.

We've always had it chas, except it's changed its name :¬)

Originally it was the Rates - based on the rateable value of the house ... yet another random figure based on number of rooms, fitted wardrobes and central heating to name but a few!

I used to work in the Rates Office of our local council, as it was then, and you could get away with anything in your Rateable Assessment ... got fitted wardrobes (yes) but no ... ok, no check ... no charge!

Today's Poll Tax/Council Tax is still based on the old Rateable Value ... as is your Water Bill, by the way :¬)[/i]

..And previously, chasfh wrote.....Or is it? Perhaps what we see is just one big diversion to stop us moaning about the real issues... Maybe I shouldn't believe any of it...

I rest my case.:-)
Sun 27/05/12 at 23:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:
Scrap Council tax. We did without it for long enough beforehand, so there really is no argument that could ever fully support it.

We've always had it chas, except it's changed its name :¬)

Originally it was the Rates - based on the rateable value of the house ... yet another random figure based on number of rooms, fitted wardrobes and central heating to name but a few!

I used to work in the Rates Office of our local council, as it was then, and you could get away with anything in your Rateable Assessment ... got fitted wardrobes (yes) but no ... ok, no check ... no charge!

Today's Poll Tax/Council Tax is still based on the old Rateable Value ... as is your Water Bill, by the way :¬)
Sun 27/05/12 at 14:13
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
What I find interesting is that the Eurovision thread has got more posts and views than this one....

...But as I'm here..

Scrap Council tax. We did without it for long enough beforehand, so there really is no argument that could ever fully support it. Extort money from me some other way, preferrably one that I don't know about so that I can't spend my latter years swearing about it.

Whatever happened to politics being underhand and unseen? Now it's all "in yer face" and "open honesty"...

...Or is it? Perhaps what we see is just one big diversion to stop us moaning about the real issues... Maybe I shouldn't believe any of it...

Damn it, I'm confused....
Sun 27/05/12 at 10:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
But at the same time you need some sort of safety net for British workers to ensure they get at least a certain amount. If you don't set any bar then some companies will just pay peanuts.

Agree, but the present bar is set far too low to be of any incentive to persuade any decent British worker wanting a job. Many companies have been using this bar for the last couple of years anyway - paying peanuts but expecting the best!
Within the company I worked for, the difference between those workers on the miminum wage (21+) and those workers on a salary was 8p per hour - lot of incentive there then and both sets were expected to put in world-beating performances everyday.
Sun 27/05/12 at 09:54
"possibly impossible"
But at the same time you need some sort of safety net for British workers to ensure they get at least a certain amount. If you don't set any bar then some companies will just pay peanuts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.