GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Politics - Your Policies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/05/12 at 13:25
"possibly impossible"
Many people often grumble and complain about the Government and their polices, but rarely come up with anything workable as an alternative.

So, now's your chance. Tell me a policy or law you'd like to put in place and explain how and why it would work.
Thu 07/06/12 at 20:53
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:

My second policy is that no household can choose cookie dough on consecutive weeks.

Fascist scum
Thu 07/06/12 at 15:33
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
"Austerity", quite rightly given our borrowings, is the current buzzword. But politicians have to be elected and this is the age where something as simple as imposing a tax on pasties can make the difference between majority rule and coalition.

So, how do you encourage growth and cut borrowing, bearing in mind that we are still borrowing £10 billion or so per month, and sooner rather than later the mountain of debt will hit the fan?

Well surely the only answer is to get a bit forceful with those who prefer not to contribute. Sadly, there are those who don't want to contribute, and those who are not capable of contributing, and it is it impossible to dump the former off the welfare state without collateral damage to the latter. But that's the only answer, and placing a £26k ceiling on benefits just won't cut the mustard.

We need a bunch of hard-nuts in power.
Mon 04/06/12 at 13:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And so says Marie-Antoinette ... (aka chas) ;¬)
Mon 04/06/12 at 13:24
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Davidm4 wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]No Ben and Jerry's for anyone! You can blame the previous government for this!

This is an outrage, there will be riots on the streets.[/i]

Let them eat cake.:-)
Mon 04/06/12 at 12:17
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
No Ben and Jerry's for anyone! You can blame the previous government for this!

This is an outrage, there will be riots on the streets.
Mon 04/06/12 at 12:03
Regular
"How Ironic"
Davidm4 wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
My second policy is that no household can choose cookie dough on consecutive weeks.

At least I can alternate between that and Chocolate Fudge Brownie so I don't get sick of it.

Darn you Dave, I completely forgot about CFB. Think it's time to go back on my word. No Ben and Jerry's for anyone! You can blame the previous government for this!
Mon 04/06/12 at 11:59
Regular
I guess like the current government, I'll do a U-turn on minimum wage removal. After reading about Germany and how they function without a minimum wage, I am not surprised that Mrs Merkel is pushing for a minimum wage law. Companies have no incentive to increase wages when the government tops them up anyway.

It makes me wonder if tax credits have a similar effect. Maybe companies that pays no more than the minimum because they know that the government will help them barely scrape a living wage. I'm not saying it should be removed considering that you could just raise the minimum wage to force them to make the difference. My initial thoughts against the minimum wage was based on the assumption that most minimum wage workers were teenagers that didn’t have to support a family and so having a decent wage wasn’t necessarily a requirement; meaning that the minimum wage would have just prevented more youth from getting their foot on the ladder. Although I don’t know about the UK, In America the majority of minimum wage workers are in their 20’s with many supporting families. I also thought that non-profit charities would be able to incentivise volunteers if they could give a little more than the food and transport costs, assuming that the minimum wage was too much for them. This really isn’t a big enough issue to remove the law.

Although minimum wage is affordable for small businesses, maybe the living wage is too high for most of them to cope with.

As for my next policy, we should go to the EU and push for a law to end speculation on food commodities. I don’t like the idea that prices should spike because of demand generated by people who want to wait for a profit rather than those who actually want to use/consume it.
Tue 29/05/12 at 20:52
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]My second policy is that no household can choose cookie dough on consecutive weeks.[i]

At least I can alternate between that and Chocolate Fudge Brownie so I don't get sick of it.
Tue 29/05/12 at 20:16
Regular
"How Ironic"
My first policy would be that each household may choose a free tub of Ben and Jerry's to be delivered to their doorstep once a week (much like a milk round).

That should sort some of the countries problems out.
Tue 29/05/12 at 19:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Haha :¬D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.