GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Crystal Maze!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/12/02 at 17:45
Regular
Remember the Crystal Maze? All ways on late on Channel 4. Every child loved it but it was on at about 10pm when we were young and then they moved it forward so everyone could watch it.

You had to love this program, whether it was Richard O'Briens maniac like appearance, and random screamings of "mmmmmmumsy" as he entered the medieval section, or the complex and warm appearance of the aztec area. The funniest thing was watching the fat people having to do balancing events or the nerdy people having to use strength and failing miserably and getting locked in. Another source of amusement is when they actually get the crystal and are on their way back when they accidentally drop it in some swamp or something and can't find it again.

This show was the Daddy, collecting the tokens in a giant wind filled crystal with the crazy O'brien shouting completely random encouragement at them, followed by laughter when they had a negative score, was more amusing (well maybe not) than watching the lovely melinda messenger prance around on the comparitavely crap Fort Boyard.

In terms of Areas: medieval and aztec quite clearly ruled. Futuristic was pretty crap and industrial was a laugh, especially the maze level.

In fact Crystal Maze was probably the best program on at the time, then it all went horribly wrong when O'Brien left and was replaced with the rather lame Ed Tudor Pole who didn't really stand a chance of replacing O'Brien as he might well have been sane, had a dodgy hair cut, and was about 6'5.

Anyway i think a crystal maze conversation is in order, main topics are best area, best level, O'Brien as a mad man, Ed tudor Pole poorest replacement ever?

Ah fond memories
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Every weekday I go passed a house on my bus. And that isn't even the good part...In the garden of this house is The Crystal Maze (The big Crystal at the end with the money and the wind and the grabbing). Or a green hows that looks just like it. Either way it's pretty cool.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Remember the big reverse hoover thing the 'stood' in?

Great topic Ashley.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:23
"Darth Vader 3442321"
*A Women enters the cage, looks at sign that says "Be bullish and push the button to release the crystal", she looks at the Green button, the Red button and the Blue button*

*with a minute to go she panics and runs out*

*everyone is gutted, she apologises then expects to be used in another challenge, looking morose when not choosen again*

*she only collects 3 silver tokens in the end game and they miss out on he prize by two gold tokens*

Pfff, equality is all well and good but the lads were banking on that weekend away, lawnmower racing...
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
It wasn't Roy Castle who presented it was it. No, the guy was much more dapper than Roy and owned no so-called passive smoking cancer blue hat, which made him look ill.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Richard O Brien was like a dapper Roy Castle, who is dead.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:17
Oh right didn't realise, sorry

Sam41
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yes
gerrid
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:14
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> Stop with this signing nonce sense. You feeble-minded n00b.

Who me?

Sam41
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ed Tudor Pole was the WORST presenter. He kept using long words and descriptions that only made you want to punch him. The atmosphere completely changed and it was tedious to watch. Richard O'Brien made it fun to watch and watching the idiots playing the games just made me laugh.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:12
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Zac from saved by the bell is dead? Oh dear. I hope Screech is ok.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.