GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good News"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 17:00
Regular
Might leave the forums at some point soon.

I'm slowly tiring of the preposterous number of idiots (mostly fanboys) on this forums.

There is very little worthwhile conversation, and what little there is is almost always restricted to the Life forum. Everything else is mindless nonsense, and any attempt to think otherwise is sheer witless buffoonery.

People who can't spell to save thier souls have the gall to pick me up on typos.

I'll still be a Special Reserve customer, and might turn up on occaision to vent about the service (which is usually fine anyway), but after New Year, I doubt you'll see much of me.

*sets countdown on watch*

IB
Wed 18/12/02 at 23:01
"possibly impossible"
But if the good posters move to the Edge forum then surely the spammers have won. SR, looks like those guys need some other incentives....Tonty, get the monkey dressed in that tu-tu again...
Wed 18/12/02 at 22:53
"Darkness, always"
And the people on those forums don't seem to care...
Wed 18/12/02 at 20:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
When I joined it ruled.

Then its got slowly worse and worse.........

Still okay now. Not like it was though.
Wed 18/12/02 at 20:37
Regular
"¬_¬"
I've moved on to the Edge forums (forum.edge-online.com). The SR forums are good, but you're right in that there are far too many fanboys.
Wed 18/12/02 at 20:11
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I hate to see decent posters leave, there are few enough already. I think there are enough people here who appreciate what you write to warrant your still posting here from time to time, but then that's just my opinion. How you've managed to spend enouggh time here to post as much as you have done in the last couple months without going mad, I have no idea. Posting that much though, it's no wonder you're sick of the place, is it?

Having said that though, I do agree with what you've said. The majority of the posts here are a waste of space, as are the majority of those responsible for churning them out. I've seriously considered leaving these forums several times now, and I'm only still here because of the people I've come to know on these forums. If I joined today, I have serious doubts that I'd bother taking the time to get to know anyone.
Wed 18/12/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Yay! I got my SR-Forum Christmas wish...

Its been so long since anyone wrote a 'I'm fed up and leaving' post...

A year or so back, they were all the rage, swamping the forums, barely a day went past when some forum poster didn't complain about how they wern't appreciated/bored with the newbies/etc...

Ahh, those crazy summer days
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:31
"You love us!"
I for one will miss your posts IB. You are one of the very few people on these forums who can articulate what you are styling well, and do so with a good sense of wit and humour.

To be honest, I haven't really bothered posting on SR myself for ages. I agree with you, it's just a constant stream of 'the is crap' ‘the rules and everything else is cr@p’ style posts, plus other such mindless junk.

The amount of fanboys on this forum also seems to have risen far to high for my liking - with Cherry and Update 2.1 reigning supreme. If that isn’t to grand a description for a pair of clueless and highly ill informed kids.

No fun anymore. Ah well.

Take it easy dude.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> Indeed. I already have an account.

As do I.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:24
Regular
Under the same name?
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:19
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I said I was leaving the Planetarion forums, and I made a clean break
> of that as well.
>
> I'll scour the web, and no doubt find a forum that better suits my
> humour.
>
> A place where I can call someone a cretinous miscreant without getting
> told I'm sad for a having a working knowledge of the english language.
> And perhaps, god forbid, have people who can just as readilly put
> together decent insults on a whim without havng to either a) evade a
> swear filter and b) spend half an hour between a disctionary and a
> thesaurus.

*cough*

http://forum.pcgamer.co.uk/

It's run like all forums should be run, idiots are banned, properly, theres no swear filter (but excessive will be banned obviously) theres loads of interesting posts and if you arne't big on PC games just stick to the general discussion, massive variety of topics in there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.