GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think newbies become regulars far too early"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/02/02 at 00:00
Regular
I think it should be 2 months, not 21 days, for various reasons. 300 posts is kinda OK, although I think that restriction shoud be removed altogether to avoid spamming.

I don't really know what's brought this on, I just think it should be done.

Well, that's lost me all my newbie votes. Meh.

Discuss.
Mon 11/02/02 at 02:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sod that, there aren't enough hours in the day!
Mon 11/02/02 at 02:22
im going to sleep now.

and turbonut PLEASE add me to your msn again, [email protected]
Mon 11/02/02 at 03:06
Maybe your are right and newbies should only become regulars when they keep making contributions every few days and only accepted as regulars when they are considered to be worthy of it by other regulars and notables.
Mon 11/02/02 at 07:21
big_slow wrote:
> its not right to take sleep away from your body

I hate sleep. If I could, I probably wouldn't sleep - I'd just sit on my computer, eat, drink, play games, excersise and watch TV! That would be the life. I heard somewhere that you can actually die from a lack of sleep, in terms of lack of energy. Is that true?
Mon 11/02/02 at 07:52
Regular
*chuckles quietly at the thread*
Mon 11/02/02 at 08:23
Turbonutter wrote:
I think it should be 2 months, not 21 days, for various reasons. 300 posts is kinda OK, although I think that restriction shoud be removed altogether to avoid spamming.

So I can become purple in 21 days? I think that's not long enough really for a user to become accustomed to the site etc, and it should be at least a month (28 days), if not more, as Turbonutter said. I also think it should be at least 500 posts, because a spammer could do say about 50-100 posts per day (not to say that everyone who does 50 posts per day is a spammer!), and it would take 10 days for them to become purple. I'm sure that before they hit 10 days of spamming (500 posts), they would be banned.
Mon 11/02/02 at 09:08
Regular
"That's right!"
kottonmouth wrote:

So I can become purple in 21 days? I
> think that's not long enough really for a user to become accustomed to the site
> etc, and it should be at least a month (28 days), if not more, as Turbonutter
> said. I also think it should be at least 500 posts, because a spammer could do
> say about 50-100 posts per day (not to say that everyone who does 50 posts per
> day is a spammer!), and it would take 10 days for them to become purple. I'm
> sure that before they hit 10 days of spamming (500 posts), they would be
> banned.

-------------

You know all this because you've been here under other aliases, seemingly forever. Stop pretending to be a newbie!
Mon 11/02/02 at 10:35
I think this is one of the crappest chat subjects of all time. come on this was a pointless subject!!! who gives a crap how long it takes to become a regular???
Mon 11/02/02 at 10:47
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
With the present JATS can just spam their way to Newbie and Newbies can just spam their way to Regular.

JATS to Newbie is fair enough, not a great deal of spam is involved.

I think Newbie to Regular should be a little more discerning as TurboNutter suggested, as at present we have Regular Spammers and Regular Contributers. The difference is in the quality.

To rectify this I'd propose a division of the Regular rank to differentiate the quality from the quantity. Say, both had the same conditions to fulfill to reach the rank of Regular, but if they haven't won a GAD during that initiation phase from Newbie to Regular they'd get a different title.

So you'd have:

JAT
SpammySpamHead/Regular
Notable

Suggestions for alternative titles instead of SpammySpamHead or Regular would be welcomed.
Mon 11/02/02 at 12:14
Regular
I reckon Spammyspamhead would work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.