GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Genre?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/12/02 at 16:03
Regular
Because i own a PC my favourate games tend to be First Person Shooters, Adventure and RPG's. I just want to know what other people prefer as i'm sure the majority will be FPS. This is to Multi Formats not just the PC.
Mon 23/12/02 at 16:03
Regular
"I see you"
Because i own a PC my favourate games tend to be First Person Shooters, Adventure and RPG's. I just want to know what other people prefer as i'm sure the majority will be FPS. This is to Multi Formats not just the PC.
Mon 23/12/02 at 16:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Stratagy - Because I like games where I have to think to win.

FPS - Because they're fun, and quite involving at times.

RPGs - Not my favourite genre, but I do like playing these just to break once in a while from the stratagy and FPS titles I so often play.

There are other genre's of course, but those are the three I invest most time in.
Tue 24/12/02 at 10:42
Regular
"I see you"
Theres really only really two or three stratagy games that i like and they are the all time classic StarCraft (hope they make sequel) and WarCraft III and also BattleZone 2 but i don't know if that comes under the stratagy genre or FPS. probably both actually.
Tue 24/12/02 at 16:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Really gotten into FPS over the last year. The Sims and Champ Manager and that's basically all i play apart from maybe the odd MMORPG game
Tue 24/12/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I love games like Everquest and Never Winter Nights but just don't have the time to play them :(
Will make time for Star Wars Galaxies when it comes out though !
Wed 25/12/02 at 18:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The trouble I have with MMORPGs is the monthly subscription, it really does put me oof buying the game, although Galaxies does look very appealing.
Wed 25/12/02 at 21:06
Regular
"I see you"
I'm a fan of Star Wars games so i think i'll take a look at Galaxies, Has anyone seen the screen shots of Planetside? I think that'll do quite well being a multi-player game only.
Thu 26/12/02 at 21:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Planetside does look good, though I think Breed could be better. Certainly looks better, graphics wise anyway.
Sat 28/12/02 at 17:34
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> Planetside does look good, though I think Breed could be better.
> Certainly looks better, graphics wise anyway.

When is Breed released? is it out before Halo?
Sat 28/12/02 at 22:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think Breed is released next May, and if what I here from a few other forums, Halo could be released as late as December next year! Don't know if that's true though.

To be honest though, I think Breed will be better online, seeing as that's the area the game is being developed for. No doubt I'll own both though, so it doesn't really bother me which will be better than the other.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.