GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Split HDD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/02/02 at 16:05
Regular
i've recently had a new hdd fitted, and my old one was slip in 2, C:/D: now i've got C:/D:/E:/ and a CD drive F:/ it's annoying, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to unsplit the drive, so i'd have C:/D: again :D
Sat 09/02/02 at 18:54
Regular
Fogmaster wrote:
> i've recently had a new hdd fitted, and my old one was slip in 2, C:/D: now i've
> got C:/D:/E:/ and a CD drive F:/ it's annoying, I was wondering if someone could
> tell me how to unsplit the drive, so i'd have C:/D: again :D

First of all i assume that you new hard drive is the seconday E:/ drive as the C:/D:/ drive will have your operating system on, so what you should do is copy your first hard drive C:/D:/ to your second E:/ hard drive (as long as the E:/ drive is big enough for both partitions)then using fdisk on your windows boots disk (which you may have to make) and delete extended partition D:/ and primary partition C:/ and create a new primary partition, this would give that drive just one partition, now copy the first partion on the second hard drive to the newly partitioned hard drive and if their is anything on the second partition it is best to just copy that in windows to the first hard drive (do not copy whole hard drive though as this weill leave you back ware you were with 2 partitions) then this will give you the opertunity to fdisk and remove 2 partitions from the second hard drive and make it as one. Or just get partition magic it is a really nice piece of kit that will do all your messing around with partitions without haveing to lose your software.

Remeber after partitioning hard drives you have to format them.

c.b.
Sat 09/02/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mess around with fdisk (start -> run-> "fdisk") or Partition Magic, which you need to buy. It's pretty simple, although chances are you'll lose all your information, on the C:\ drive at least.
Sat 09/02/02 at 16:05
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
i've recently had a new hdd fitted, and my old one was slip in 2, C:/D: now i've got C:/D:/E:/ and a CD drive F:/ it's annoying, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to unsplit the drive, so i'd have C:/D: again :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.