GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Duke Nukem Forever?????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Duke Nukem Forever'.
Wed 25/12/02 at 21:18
Regular
I remember the first time i saw screen shots for this game and it's now been eight years in development or something like that. In fact it was that long ago i've now been shaving for a few years and started to go bald from old age. Now i'm not one to actually have a go at the games company's if a game slips a few months behind but eight years!! what the hell is 3D Realms playing at now apparently they've changed the game engine that many times they've had to start re-writing it from scratch.

The funny thing about this game is when a games magazine is doing a review of the up-coming titles and it's always there with the release date 'Forever'. There is no information being leaked from 3D Realms them selves but they still insist in will be done when it's done, so that'll be 2020 then. In all truth i actually think they've given up on the game and don't want to admit that they've failed bringing what would have or could have been a good game to life.
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A demo will more than likely be released, but if it's Faebuary, we'll just have to wait and see. The game itself isn't due for release until next November, so they're is a long wait ahead.
Wed 01/01/03 at 11:36
Regular
"I see you"
Well i'm going to keep checking out the official site for any info on a Demo but i do hope we see one in Febuary.
Tue 31/12/02 at 19:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
From what I hear on other forums, a demo could arrive as early as Febuary. I hope it's true because I really want to try the game and see first hand if it does play as well as it looks. I should hopefully have a brand new PC then as well, so it's the perfact game to try it on.
Tue 31/12/02 at 17:40
Regular
"I see you"
Can't wait to see a demo of this game out, then i can get a real feel for it. The storyline sounds quite solid as well, something that could actually happen; a nuclear plant explodes and 20 years this is where you come in as a stalker, a guy who earns money from shoveling embers out of infernal oven of Chernobyl Zone.

Can't wait till November 2003, well thats if the game is on time but i hope it is.
Tue 31/12/02 at 14:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I finally got around to seeing the video of the game, and I'm quite suprised it manages to look as good moving as it does in those still screenshots. I've also spent quite a bit of today reading about the features of the game on the official web-site.

It sounds great, all the trademarks of a good old fashion FPS together with a well refined RPG element. You can trade and interact with NPCs, explore the huge "Zone" area at will and even try to avoid strange 'anomalies' such as radioactive fog and the deadly sounding blowout.

This is going to be one of my most anticipated games of next year, maybe even more so than Unreal 2 and Vietcong which I've been looking forward to playing for months.
Mon 30/12/02 at 15:49
Regular
"I see you"
The video shows the scenery then the main character running around shooting at helicopters etc and also driving a car. I downloaded the low res one as it was only about 4mb and runs for 3 minutes.
Mon 30/12/02 at 13:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It certainly doesn't look as if PC Gamers will be short of a few great looking FPS next year, and just the same year when I'm getting a new comp, couldn't have come at a better time.

I've seen the screenshots of STALKER and all I can saw about them is "WOW". I'll check out the video later and see how the thing looks moving. I just hope it plays as good as it looks.
Sun 29/12/02 at 12:05
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> And while we're on the subject, anyone seen the screenshots for
> S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Oblivion Lost? now that looks like a promising FPS, and
> yet another one to add to my games list.

You should see my games list for next year, i'll have to work for a whole year to afford them all + i'm also considering my new computer. 2003 will be an expensive one for me.

Has anyone seen the screenshots for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Oblivion Lost?? of course but have you seen the video yet? Which is obtainable from http:/www.3dgamers.com.
Sat 28/12/02 at 22:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
And while we're on the subject, anyone seen the screenshots for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Oblivion Lost? now that looks like a promising FPS, and yet another one to add to my games list.
Sat 28/12/02 at 22:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Crapping hell! it's like old Bill finally discovered the joy of spending money. I think Bill would be better of trying to buy out the developers who are making Unreal 2, Doom 3 or Quake 4, because unlike 3Drealms, we actually know they have games which exsist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.