GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What was it like winning your first GAD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/02/02 at 17:13
Regular
I have just won my first GAD.
It's only up to the value of £25 but still, that's fair enough. when i found out this morning, i was as chuffed as can be. So, what was it like winning your first GAD, and what did you claim?
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:51
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I won GaD on my 5th day with a brill review of GTA3 and was so chuffed u had to get my mum and show her. Regrettebly i chose Burnout which is bloody good but I only wanted it for the crashing engine thing and I'm also crap at it. :(
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Kid Rock wrote:
>well i won a GAD on the 23/12/01 salevaa told me i won >because i dont botehr checking game a day, so i chose >Metal Gear Solid 2 straight away and it should come soon

I've chosen MGS2 as well for my second GAD. My first was a £25 GAD, so I chose Robot Wars on the PC.

I wonder if SR will end up giving away more copies of MGS2 than they actually sell? I've noticed a lot of people have claimed this game.
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:38
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Kid Rock wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:

I think we all would if we kept winning
> £50
> worth of games by just copy pasting someone else's work.

Oooh that was a bit
> nasty werent it?

I think it was.
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:37
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

I think we all would if we kept winning
> £50 worth of games by just copy pasting someone else's work.

Oooh that was a bit nasty werent it?
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:35
Regular
*[SR]* Shaneo wrote:

Heh. I jump up and down shouting "YES!!!" whenever
> I win a GAD.

I think we all would if we kept winning £50 worth of games by just copy pasting someone else's work.
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:26
Regular
yes well done shaneo *claps*
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Kid Rock wrote:
> well i won a GAD on the 23/12/01 salevaa told me i won because i dont botehr
> checking game a day, so i chose Metal Gear Solid 2 straight away and it should
> come soon

Thank ye very much

*Stands up*
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Took me a couple of months before I won for a post on MGS2. I felt great, really pleased with myself and I jumped around and cheered for a few minutes.

And to be honest, it's still the same now.
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:11
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Won my first GAD about a month ago and was well chuffed. The actual post had taken me about 20 minutes to write while the stereo was on full blast and the sister was banging away on the PS2. Could barely contain my excitement when I realised I actually won and my mother take the best part of a day to actually understand that I could have the game of my choice for free! I chose Final Fantasy X for my win but am currently considering changing it for a Gamecube title (I've checked this with SR).
Won my 2nd GAD yesterday and was just as thrilled as the first one. To be honest, not an awful lot of effort went into the post and it turned out to only be just over 500 words. That one will definately go towards a Gamecube title. Possibly Resident Evil.

SR, I love you.
Thu 07/02/02 at 19:34
Regular
"always swirling"
i had been here for around 225 days and had won nothing.

then out of the blue i won GAD 3 saturdays running!

my first one it shouted for several minutes til my throat was soar.

my second i just held my hand over my mouth in shock.

and on my 3rd on i was to busy playing the game i claimed for my first one to really notice i had won.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.