GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Fri 27/12/02 at 17:58
Regular
Brought it today. And i'm stuck. On the first level. Trying to find a a black box in a mans apartment. Anyone want to help? Great game aint it.
Sat 04/01/03 at 20:13
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I am still to get the good gun. I have hardly had much time to play it.
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:17
Regular
The best thing to do is run out into the centre straight after the Checkpoint and fire a smoke grenade over the wall at the far end and wait for it to bounce of the back wall. Then if you have any ordinary grenades left fire 1 of them towards the right and the same will happen here but this time you will take out the one hiding behind the wall. Then there are two to deal with on the other side and once you have dealt with them another two come in.

To kill Grinko just use a Stunner from the Rifle as one of these actually kills him first time otherwise he takes a lot of bullets.

Using Heinsight (sp?) when I played the game on Hard I knew the formations of all these attacks and I knew when to combat them. Before entering the two areas with the hostages I placed Wall Mines along the back wall but far enough away for one not to blow up the other. Then on the wall at the far end I placed two so that they would blow up each other and maximise the damage. I am basically a walking walkthrough of that game because I remember every section and what to do, why isn't it the same with revision? If only it would go in as easy as it does with games.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:56
"High polygon count"
I'm on that bit at the moment. I've disabled the IFF, but the damn thing still won't shoot them and I keep getting wasted. I've even put a few wall mines around there.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:38
Regular
To be honest, I turned them off all the time as well. Apart from the bit where you had to protect the hostages. The shoot anything turret mode was handy in that instance, when enemy soliders were running everywhere.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:34
Regular
I prefered to disable them though as it wasn't worth the risk of blowing all the work I had done to turn on a turret when I was restarting every time I got shot and wanting to use maximum stealth.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:15
Regular
Cheers, I'll have another pop at it later.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:00
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Ahh... Thats why it was shooting at me as well. I turned it off to
> avoid damage :)

Whichever mode you put the turrets in, they will always shoot at you. It's just that one of the modes (can't remember which one) will also shoot the guards as well.

The turrets are attracted by heat and movement, so throwing a flare in another direction can be used to get past them.
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:49
Regular
Blindfold wrote:
> One turret mode shoots only at hostiles/intruders (i.e. you), and the
> other mode shoots at anything that moves - so you can use the turrets
> tactically if you want.

Ahh... Thats why it was shooting at me as well. I turned it off to avoid damage :)
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:42
Regular
One turret mode shoots only at hostiles/intruders (i.e. you), and the other mode shoots at anything that moves - so you can use the turrets tactically if you want.
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:39
Regular
Keep your Thermal googles on through out the area and watch out for the Turrets! You can deactivate all the Turrets without them shooting a bullet. The first turret is deactivated by climbing over the fridge and dropping down onto the other side. After completing the game twice I still don't understand what the second box is when you press action on the turret. One says deactivate turret and the other disable ..... Yet I have no idea what disabling the function does.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.