GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Announcement"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/08/07 at 17:45
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
In order to pave the way for some moderate restructuring the following changes will soon take effect:

The Intelligent Discussion forum will be merged with General Chat and renamed General Chat & Discussion.

The Wrestling and Martial Arts forum will be merged with Sport.

We apologise to the users who have supported these forums, especially the instigators and moderators. The existing moderators will move across to their new forums with the exception of Smeddlers who is already a moderator on General Chat.

Also
Creative Writing & Design will be renamed Creative Writing.
An Avatars On or Avatars Off button has been placed at the top of each thread.
The sign up and make your first post process for new users will be streamlined.
Longer term work will begin on measures to encourage more games posts and comments.
Staff Moderators have been asked to award more of the available GADs for overall chat forum contribution (not necessarily most posts or best single post)
Wed 22/08/07 at 20:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
If / when these mergers go ahead can we have the option of choosing one or the other or both to view like the games forum?
Wed 22/08/07 at 19:39
Regular
"Mooching around"
I've only used the "moderator powers" on one occasion, during a n00b raid posting his threads on advertising and the such.
Wed 22/08/07 at 19:37
Regular
"I may return"
*Goes to change vote*

*Changes it back*
Wed 22/08/07 at 19:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
Only one of us would be up for eviction!
Wed 22/08/07 at 19:28
Regular
"I may return"
Chaos wrote:
> Meh, oh well. But, 5 mods for one forum?

Not if we nominate you and @ngel to die, I mean, err, lose your status.
Wed 22/08/07 at 19:26
Regular
"Mooching around"
And I worked so hard to get a seperate forum :(

Meh, oh well. But, 5 mods for one forum?
Wed 22/08/07 at 18:57
Regular
Personally, I used to love ID. For me it was the epitome of me being on the forum; contributing to a discussion or simply sitting back and watching one unfold.

In recent times the lack of activity has dispirited me from going there, as there isn't really any new material coming in, and if it does it's taken on by only a few users who, even with the best intentions, can't really do enough to create an open-ended discussion as it tends to veer off down a certain path to soon and sort of 'fizzle out'.

Yeah, right, I'll stop rambling and just say I'm looking forward to the new prominence of the forum.
Wed 22/08/07 at 18:49
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Personally I think it's worth a try, and a decent decision.
> Intelligent hardly gets any life, and I'd like to see more
> people posting intelligent discussion.. and have it responded
> to.. and that may happen easier if it's in one big main forum.

I totally agree, I think more people will be willing to express themselves as they would have done in ID because they know more people will see it and thus are more likely to recieve replies.
Wed 22/08/07 at 18:46
Regular
The easier way to tell who mods a specific forum is to look at where it says 'Regular' on their little profile summary (the one you see without clicking their name and going to their profile).

If they're the Moderator blue but they're named as a Regular they don't mod the forum you're in.
Wed 22/08/07 at 18:46
Regular
Tony wrote:
> Nin wrote:
> Your idea of putting Intelligent in with Creative wasn't a bad
> idea, this is.
>
> Creative seems nicely settled and I don't think it should be
> disrupted with undue discussion. Chat already has most of the
> discussion, and some of it is quite intelligent.
>
> Housemates - please do not swear, you are live on the internet.

Personally I think it's worth a try, and a decent decision. Intelligent hardly gets any life, and I'd like to see more people posting intelligent discussion.. and have it responded to.. and that may happen easier if it's in one big main forum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.