GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adobe Premiere Pro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/08/07 at 19:08
Regular
Hello! Didn't know where to put this thread. Freeola made it's old home 'Web design only' during the move and I'm sure those programmers wouldnt be able to help me. =)

I'm trying to edit some videos and I've already gotten stuck. =/ From experience with other editing software I want to highlight a section of clip I dont want and then press delete. It usually works but for Adobe Premiere Pro it doesnt. =( What am I doing wrong? How can I cut up my videos and delete clips I dont want?

Links to any videos showing you how, would be great. Cheers guys. =)

------

If you've never used Adobe Premiere Pro we can always talk about something else. Umm Canon have just released information about their new 1ds Mark III DSLR camera. 21MP blimey. I think it's $8000 in America and $12,000 (£6000) in the UK. ¬_¬ For that price you may as well fly to New York for the weekend and pick one up. You can even declare your purchase and pay VAT at custom and STILL have change left over.

Oh that's right, you guys dont chat about photography either. *pout* If only Tony didnt get rid of the Gadget forum.
Tue 04/09/07 at 23:47
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
They were overlapping by about 1 second, but I have tried other lengths too just to see if that's the problem.
Tue 04/09/07 at 21:50
Regular
"you've got a beard"
right then sir, i haven`t had a chance to look at 6.5 as i have access to pro 2, but i remember using 6.5 at uni and from memory, this rings a bell.

instead of using the transition layer, drag the transition you want actually ON to your video clip. in pro 2 you can select the transitioned segment of the clip and ajust the values in "effect controls" (obviously, you`ll need 2 layers of video that overlap during the transitions duration to get a result)

if this is STILL no help, i`ll pop back to uni tomorrow (ah, the joys of being semi staff as well ;) ) and check out 6.5 on my lunch break.
this has become a mission now, i will NOT be mugged off by machines! :D

EDIT - when you said you got a bit of black, did you have your clips overlapping enough?? not to teach you to suck eggs, just trying to cover everything it could be.
Tue 04/09/07 at 19:28
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'll copy and paste it after the beep. :)
Tue 04/09/07 at 18:46
Regular
"you've got a beard"
not at my desk right now sir, i`ll go through that later when i can compare what we`re doing. will get back to you asap.
Tue 04/09/07 at 18:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Well, the screen capture did show you what I was doing, but it wouldn't capture the actual video to show you what's going wrong in the vid.

Basically, it's like this:
- I'm using Adobe Premiere 6.5
- I'm using A/B Editing view
- I click and drag the cross dissolve transition from the Transitions panel on the right, over to the Transitions layer.
- I put the cross dissolve transition onto the Transitions layer between the area where two clips overlap in the timeline. The clip in Video 1A plays first. The clip in Video 1B begins just before the end of Video 1A.
- When previewing, instead of the cross dissolve, it simply cuts to black for about a quarter of a second, then cuts to the clip in Video 1B at the end of the overlap. There is no cross dissolve, and there should be no black at all.

Thoughts?
Mon 03/09/07 at 17:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
sure man, worth a try
Mon 03/09/07 at 15:23
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Well, I say that there is nothing wrong, but there obviously is. I think it's most likely that it's something I'm doing wrong, but I just don't understand what exactly, because I'm following the Help which comes with Premiere, and the instructions of those sites by the letter, and it simply doesn't work.

I do have CamStudio, which is an on-screen capture tool, so it's possible for me to show you what I'm doing. Perhaps I'll do that and you can see.
Mon 03/09/07 at 11:00
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hmmm, try reinstalling premiere.
if it still doesn`t work, then you`ve either got broken software (although i find that unlikely if it installs ok) or, as much as it pains e to say it, you`re doing something wrong.

sorry dude, no offense. like i said, it`s one of those things where if i could SEE what you were doing, i could probably fix it for you.

which version of premiere are you using?
if i have access to the same version, i`ll knock up a quick file with 2 filler clips and a transition, then you can just replace the clips with your own :)
that`d be a good way to test where any software faults were as well.
Sun 02/09/07 at 17:12
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Nope. Doesn't work, and it's annoying me now, because there is simply nothing wrong. It just ... doesn't. Might have to use the last resort ... Windows Movie Maker.
Sat 01/09/07 at 14:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hmm, it`s hard to troubleshoot when i can`t see what you`re doing, it`s one of those things.

here are some links to tutorials that may help you out:

Click here

and here

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.