GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HDD & Broadband Adaptor."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 18:37
Regular
Just interested in your views on the HDD and the Briadband Adaptor for the PS2..
There is a VERY good topic in FOG Prime Topics going but i'm interested in the 'pro-PS2' views of this forum..
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
HelloHowAreYou wrote:
> Just interested in your views on the HDD and the Briadband Adaptor for the
> PS2..
There is a VERY good topic in FOG Prime Topics going but i'm interested
> in the 'pro-PS2' views of this forum..

yep... that would be my topic :)

Well, the modem will take off without doubt. Developers are pretty sure online games will be big (esp in Japan), so are happy to support it, which will make plenty of gamers buy it.

As for the HDD, I really don't see much use in this. With the exception of FFXI which NEEDS the HDD to play, the only other use of the hdd in a gaming world would be to get new levels and stuff. Will gamers buy the hdd for this alone... well, not casual gamers. Will developers make add ons for people with the hdd (ie next to no one)... no.

However, if Sony can market the hdd right- like packaging it with the modem or ffXI, then it could take off.

Check out the topic in prime!

Sonic
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I really want a Modem and Hardrive, however, there are a lot of things that I will have to take into consideration:

Price of the modem. Not just the actual modem itself, but wheather there will be any subscription costs, and how much they will be. If there is going to be a subscription charge, then I will most likly not be getting a modem. The same applies for phone charges, I am planning on getting broadband, so there shouldn't be phone charges. It depends wheather they make a pay-to-play scheme.

Price, and uses of the Hardrive. Although it seems like a good idea, the Hard Drive could be a problem. I will only buy it if it is under £150. But I would also need to know how many games are going to make use of this game. As has been mentioned before, the HDD could be considered as a 'hardcore gamers peripheral'. This could mean that very few programmers will take the trouble of coding the game to use it.

Out of the two, the one I am most likly to get is the Modem, but there is a big question mark hanging over my head at the moment, and it all depends on price.
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Just interested in your views on the HDD and the Briadband Adaptor for the PS2..
There is a VERY good topic in FOG Prime Topics going but i'm interested in the 'pro-PS2' views of this forum..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.