GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've Just Played An X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 16:06
Regular
I walked into my local Chelmsford SR store this afternoon and what hit me straight away was the green/black X-Box in a display stool, and better yet, it was playable!

I played Burnout on the display PS2 until they went and then took a gander. The controller was surprisingly easy to get used to, albeit a little chunky. It was basically a hybrid of the Dreamcast/N64/PS1/PS2 controller, and it felt great. A demo-disc was in the Box and I had a look at a few of the games.

Firstly, I looked at Project Gotham Racing, a playable demo. The tracks are exactly the same as the ones on Metropolis Street Racer and it even has the old "Kudos" system, which is used to advance in the game. Hell - the game is made by Bizzare Creations, the creators of MSR! The game is good, but the steering is so hard, in that you have to power slide around every corner and let go of the acceleration about 5 seconds before getting anywhere near the corner!

Then I looked at Dark Summit, a snowboarding game. This game has the best graphics I have ever seen for any snowboarding game ever! Screw SSX, screw Tricky - this is better! However, I have a complaint about the controls - they are horrible to begin with, and take about 10 minutes to really get used to.

"Shaun, we have to go now"

That was the next thing I heard. There were 3 or 4 other games I wanted to try and some videos I wanted to watch (Munch's Oddysey), but I had to go :(

I need to make those trips to SR more frequent.

And my 10-year-old sister and my old man had a good old chuckle at F.A.R.T The Movie.
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:38
Regular
It's called being witty. Try it sometime.
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
misterhappy wrote:
> Shaneo, aren't you banned from going anywhere near SR? I thought they'd been
> given instructions to shoot on sight...

If you can't reply sensibly, then what's the point at all? You're just spamming senselessly.
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:35
Yes Game have them in, but you may as well go to an SR store if you have one near you.
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:20
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Shaneo, aren't you banned from going anywhere near SR? I thought they'd been given instructions to shoot on sight...
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:10
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Also, does anyone know wheather they have these pods in places like EB and Dixons. I'm too far away from an SR Store or Toys 'r' us store.

My closest stores are in the 'merry hill' shopping centre, and it only has a EB, Game and Dixons that sell games.

I really want to play on an Xbox. Even if I do find one, I'll probably be stuck behind some fat gamer, or someone who thinks he's real good at games and just stands there showing off, while actually making himself look stupid.

Ohh, its happened too many times before when I wanted to try a PS2. I ended up standing next to someone playing on the PS2 and farting. IT WORKED!! The person casually walked off pretending that he had just got bored of the game.
Sun 03/02/02 at 17:19
Regular
Anyone know if Toys'r'us have any x-box pods? Might check them out tomorrow if they have.
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:48
Not really a great topic is it Prodigy, but it's one that many will write because of the pod arrival of X Box in Europe.

I've played, I've been impressed, I've pre-ordered!!!

PGR looks really impressive compared to MSR, and the handling is excellent once you've had time to adjust. And of course it's made by BC!!

Glad you liked it, Unkie Bill will be pleased!

Andy Hall
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:36
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Yeah i have an american one, which i will either chip to play uk games or sell and get a uk one eventually.

I have found it to be a great consoel so far, althoguh i do also own a ps2, so i kinda have the best of both worlds at the moment, apart from xbox games cost a bit, cheaper than they will release int he uk though!
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Prodigy wrote:
> Excellent! iam glad to see you form good opinions on xbox after you have
> actually seen and used one!

Agreed. So many people judge it (and other consoles/games) before testing it, which is narrow-minded and pointless.

did u see/play Halo?

There was a movie, but no playable demo :(

then you may well like xbox as
> much as i do.

Thank ye. Do you have an import X Box then?

Great topic by the way!

Thank ye again - I thought nothing much of it, but if you say so...
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:21
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Excellent! iam glad to see you form good opinions on xbox after you have actually seen and used one! did u see/play Halo? then you may well like xbox as much as i do.

Great topic by the way!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.