GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've Just Played An X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 16:06
Regular
I walked into my local Chelmsford SR store this afternoon and what hit me straight away was the green/black X-Box in a display stool, and better yet, it was playable!

I played Burnout on the display PS2 until they went and then took a gander. The controller was surprisingly easy to get used to, albeit a little chunky. It was basically a hybrid of the Dreamcast/N64/PS1/PS2 controller, and it felt great. A demo-disc was in the Box and I had a look at a few of the games.

Firstly, I looked at Project Gotham Racing, a playable demo. The tracks are exactly the same as the ones on Metropolis Street Racer and it even has the old "Kudos" system, which is used to advance in the game. Hell - the game is made by Bizzare Creations, the creators of MSR! The game is good, but the steering is so hard, in that you have to power slide around every corner and let go of the acceleration about 5 seconds before getting anywhere near the corner!

Then I looked at Dark Summit, a snowboarding game. This game has the best graphics I have ever seen for any snowboarding game ever! Screw SSX, screw Tricky - this is better! However, I have a complaint about the controls - they are horrible to begin with, and take about 10 minutes to really get used to.

"Shaun, we have to go now"

That was the next thing I heard. There were 3 or 4 other games I wanted to try and some videos I wanted to watch (Munch's Oddysey), but I had to go :(

I need to make those trips to SR more frequent.

And my 10-year-old sister and my old man had a good old chuckle at F.A.R.T The Movie.
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:59
Regular
"¬_¬"
I don't live near a SR shop :(. Come on SR, get one in Southampton, then my gaming needs shall be complete. Mmmm... discount...
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i went into chelmsford couldn't be bothered to hike to SR (move it into town SR it's to far for me legs)

anyway i noticed that EB had an x box pod but there was some muppet on it so i went to wh smiths got a few mags and came back and that guy was still there Grrrrrrr he was hogging it so much there was a small que LMAO

oh well i'll wait till everyone has played it and when no one has any interest in it anymore i'll give it a bash :)
Mon 04/02/02 at 15:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I'll insult Shaneo all I want, if you don't like it then just ignore my posts.

Ahh, but I can't, you see.

You're not going to accomplish annoying by repeatedly insulting him, just because he made a mistake. If he copies again after all this, then fine, but leave it for the moment.
Mon 04/02/02 at 07:17
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Ant wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> What do you want, a certificate?

Oh for hell's sake,
> shut up. Shaneo made a decent topic about the X-Box, so that we could write all
> our opinions on it too, and see what he had to say about it.

Cheers Ant.

"Shanoe did cheat, but now that he has come back he posts very good, intersting topics. If anything, Shanoe at least deserves some repect for putting up with what some of you people throw at him."

Thank ye Tom. This topic was perfect, until bloody Tiltawhirl went and posted his derogatory comment!
Mon 04/02/02 at 06:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
]ISRI[ Shaneo wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> It's called being witty. Try it sometime.

> But it's not even funny.

Ah, but it really is :)
Sun 03/02/02 at 22:40
Regular
I'll insult Shaneo all I want, if you don't like it then just ignore my posts.
Sun 03/02/02 at 21:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Or†ega wrote:
> Easy now Ant....

Okay, so perhaps the N64 comment wasn't needed. :D

But I felt the rest of it needed to be said.
Sun 03/02/02 at 21:35
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
TomUK wrote:
> Ant, I completly agree with you.

Shanoe did cheat, but now that he has come
> back he posts very good, intersting topics. If anything, Shanoe at least
> deserves some repect for putting up with what some of you people throw at
> him.

Just give it a rest. Shanoe will easily be able to make up for what he
> has done, and as long as he doesn't cheat again, I am prepared to forgive and
> forget.

Maybe you should do the same?

I agree, give him the benefit of the doubt, even though he's won far too may GAD's! Iam sure he owes me a game....

Just kiddin'
Sun 03/02/02 at 21:31
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Ant, I completly agree with you.

Shanoe did cheat, but now that he has come back he posts very good, intersting topics. If anything, Shanoe at least deserves some repect for putting up with what some of you people throw at him.

Just give it a rest. Shanoe will easily be able to make up for what he has done, and as long as he doesn't cheat again, I am prepared to forgive and forget.

Maybe you should do the same?
Sun 03/02/02 at 21:24
Regular
Easy now Ant....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.