GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do You Feel Good?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/08/07 at 16:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm not speaking in terms of health.
What i'm interested in is whether people think of themselves as either good or bad. Not how you act but how you feel.
Does giving up your seat on the bus to a pensioner make you feel good or do you consider sweeping their legs out from under them as you get up to move?
Do you look out your window and praise the innoncence of the kids outside or see the next generation of yobs?
When something crappy happens, do you feel like you deserve it or do you question why stuff happens to you when you feel you're a good person?
Are you comfortable in how you or feel or do you rebel against it or wish you could be nicer/nastier?
Do you feel one way and act the other? If so why?
And lastly, are you happy?
Mon 20/08/07 at 10:02
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I just got sick of people who spend their whole
> life moaning about their own problems and never once spending
> time thinking about the problems their friends or family might
> be having.

If I have a big problem, not just a little thing like my hair is messy, but a problem which makes me feel either sad or angry the way I like to deal with it is to have one day (probably not even that long in fact - I guess it would depend on the extent of the problem/issue) just to be down or angry because I kind of see it as a 'right' to be annoyed at the world for that moment. But after that I think that right goes and you have to move on as soon as possible. Being constantly angry because of your one problem isn't going to help anyone in my opinion.
Mon 20/08/07 at 09:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I think im a good person, mabe to much of a good person at times. I do anything for anyone didnt use to be like this years ago. Now im just to soft!
Mon 20/08/07 at 03:52
Regular
so is your FACE
Mon 20/08/07 at 03:14
Regular
Male whining is so annoying..

*two smacks*
Sun 19/08/07 at 23:44
Regular
Nin wrote:
> In reply to you, while i agree with you about people complaining
> while nothing is wrong, i think it's relevant only to the person
> and it's not fair to compare. I dont like any suggestion that
> just because you're not the worst-off person in the world, you
> dont have problems.

Perhaps not, but it's the people who think they ARE the worst off in the world and make it out that way that annoy me. Making their problems out to be much more than they are. Of course, some people do have problems and that's genuine, but when you get people crying their eyes out because their hair is messy, either there's a deeper problem there or, as it often seems to be, the person is as shallow as a baby pool.

Sometimes we all need time to cope with our problems.. but 1) You don't have to drag everyone else down with you 2) They are YOUR problems, deal with them. If you do need a hand, take it with absolute thanks because they do not need to be helping you. 3) Don't forget about everyone else whilst you're in them.

3 Is hard, but I just got sick of people who spend their whole life moaning about their own problems and never once spending time thinking about the problems their friends or family might be having.

And making out 'oh I have real problems' just annoys me. More often than not, these problems are copable. I can admit that I have problems, but I am grateful that they are not worse. I try and deal with them, but I try to remember how lucky I am. To go down the path of thinking your problems are the end all to everything, to make more of them than what they are, it seems a dangerous path. And besides, people are going to get bored of you real quick.
Sun 19/08/07 at 22:49
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Welcome back by the way Nin, I heard you weren't going to post
> until next year?

What i say in private and what i say in public are entirely different things. Truth is i had/have no plans to come back. I only said that because i thought that if i set a date, i wouldnt be questioned about when i was coming back.
Work starts next Monday, have to move out in two months, choosing not to connect the internet in the new place. I'm here because i now have a free week and this place needs posters but honestly, i'm fed up already.

In reply to you, while i agree with you about people complaining while nothing is wrong, i think it's relevant only to the person and it's not fair to compare. I dont like any suggestion that just because you're not the worst-off person in the world, you dont have problems.

Anyway, to answer my own questions, i'm not sure. I've pretty much always tried to act like a decent guy but it has always felt like a struggle. Anger/bitterness/selfishness has always come easier and it's something i tried hard to ignore after i hurt someone, but just recently i've had reason to wonder whether its worth fighting your nature and trying to be decent or embracing how you truly feel and being a d**k.
I was reading Al's post earlier and agreeing with pretty much all of it, apart from reasons for giving up my seat. I think i tend to do that because i'm trying to prove a point to myself, that i'm better than how i feel, thing is, just recently i've gotten tired of it and have let go of whatever i've been trying to mask. I am slowly turning into the ruthless, angry, selfish p***k that i've always felt i am. I dont give a f**k anymore and i've actually felt happier because of it, although it is a slightly hollow feeling and i suspect it wont last, unfortunately.
I wanted to know whether everyone feels like this at heart and fights against it or does being nice come naturally to some people.
Sun 19/08/07 at 22:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
I feel some what down. I have an interview for a job that i don't really want. I'm only in for the practice and journey. See you all on tuesday.
Sun 19/08/07 at 20:59
Regular
I'm an extremely good natured, friendly, helpful, chivalrous gentleman at all times.

But having said that I would happily dropkick you to your stupid emo whining face should I ever have the misfortune to be within dropkicking distance of you.
Sun 19/08/07 at 20:51
Regular
I could do more, I could do less.

I'm a good person, but I do get worn down. I used to put my whole self into making sure other people were ok, whilst I took very little time for myself. That changed after I ended up emotionally battered and end up not being able to look after anyone. So now I try and find a balance.. look after myself more, so if someone does need me, I'll have the strength for them. And avoid people who take advantage of your kindness.

Working in the Red Cross makes me happy. In reality I don't make much of a difference at all, but the thought that I -might- be able to is worth it. Having the skills to do something, if it was ever required.

I define a 'good' person as someone who isn't completely selfish. Someone who can see from another's point of view, who wants what's best for everyone, not for themselves. I am selfish to a degree, but there are a lot worse than me. I do try, and people who are terribly selfish and don't care about it at all just.. make me quite sad.

I was talking to a friend also, about how people can think they have terrible problems, to the point of crying, over very simple things. When some people fight every day to survive, and I don't mean 'survive' in the sense of 'not cry' but in the sense of 'not die' by not eating. People who's whole life revolves around finding food. People deserve better than that, and it just makes me cringe when people think they have real problems, when they really, really don't.

I guess then, if you look at how lucky you really are, you can strike a balance between feeling good and feeling bad. Just feel.. ok. Like you're doing your best. Either end of the spectrum is dangerous, I think.

Welcome back by the way Nin, I heard you weren't going to post until next year?
Sun 19/08/07 at 16:31
Regular
I'm a bit of both. It all usally depends on how I feel when I wake up. Sometimes I do really ugly stuff and my soul feels likes it's barely attached to my body and sometimes I do incredibly nice things without even thinking about it.

I usally give my seat up to the oldies on the bus but only so I can maintain my public image and if I'm incredibly tired after a hard day then I'll just close my eyes and ignore them.

I usually think that if my life was nice from the off then I would be a nicer person always and when bad stuff happens, it's usually my fault anyway so I just deal with it.

I try and rebel against the nicer side of myself sometimes simply because it really hasn't paid off for me trying to be nice and I could get along a lot better in life if I let my sociopathic side loose.

I try not to let the pressure of what society thinks is right get to me and if you looked at me you would probably say I was happy, but trust me. I'm really really not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.