GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh great, looks like The Sims is coming to Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims'.
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:36
Regular
Just like with the rumour that Red Faction 2 was coming to Gamecube that also turned out to be true, the ESRB have announced that they have been rating the Gamecube version.

No official word from EA yet, but I'm 90% sure this is gonna turn out to be true.

If anything it will stop gimps like Top Score saying that it's 'another PS2 first'. Can't say I'm at all intrested in the game but for those of you who like playing with a virtual dolls house, here's your big chance to do it Cube style.
Tue 07/01/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Unretired"
Awww c'mon maverick at least have some fun with it

heres my version of events..

Morning:
Use build anywhere and delete sims cheat, now build walls around your sims

Afternoon:
Two minutes later in the afternoon fill the room with flamable objects and install a few barbiques and fireworks

Evening:
Set off the fireworks, get the guy with the worst cooking skill to use the barbique and tada! Instant fun in the sims!

But fair play, after doing that series of events 500+ times this game starts to suck.
Tue 07/01/03 at 18:43
Regular
Roller Coaster Tycoon kicks serious butt. But it's a PC game, and always will be.
Tue 07/01/03 at 18:38
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Bah I hate this game.
Tue 07/01/03 at 17:41
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> The simulation games I liked :
> Theme Hospital, I liked the funny diseases and cures
> Transport Tycoon, Just pure fun, for a while
what about roller coaster tycoon?
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
This was me, about a year ago:

Oh great, The Sims! I really like this game! [Start Game]

Morning:
Okay, my guy's getting up.. what the? It's taken him two hours to have breakfast and a shower! Oh dammit, the carpool is here.. okay, get dressed.. it's gone? No! Come back! [Frantic clicking] Oh damn, I've just clicked the speed up button. Three hours wasted.

Afternoon:
Right then. Refusing to make lunch? Bored? But he's just watched TV for an hour! Okay then, Pinball machine. Oh, now he's hungry. [Guy eats lunch]. Good, right then. Oh, there's the phone. Tum te tum, how annoying, I've been fired! Curses. I'll go and get one of the many mouldy newspapers from the lawn then.

Evening:
Is this man totally incontinent? He could give me a bit more warning before he wets himself all over the kitchen floor he's just spent an hour and a half cleaning due to the dishwasher breaking. Again. Urgh.. go to bed.

[End Game] Bloody hell, I've got a headache now. Oh! An expansion pack! The last one didn't do much, but maybe this one will! [Repeat for all expansion packs]

[Fast forward two weeks]

That's it. I can't be bothered to waste my money to try and convince myself the game is any good. I'm selling it. How much did it cost? Ooh.. £70.00 including expansion packs. How much entertainment? A few days after each purchase (including the initial one).

The Sims is the biggest load of crap I've ever played. It's a scam. A con. A money making franchise designed to rid us gamers of cash by presenting us with sub standard games at ridiculous prices. The Sims must stop.
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
The sims was good at first, but they released about 15 expansions to it, which was stupid, cause they cost the same amount as a game!
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Sims is a travesty to life itself.

Its evil.

And (!) a TRULY pointles game. As you can do half th things in real life anyway. Make that 99% of the things actualy.
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Anyone who buys the sims thinking they're going to get a very entertaining tamagotchi style life simulator, are going to be very dissapointed. Trust me, pay no attension to this game, don't be fooled by the "Amazing new 3D engine" and "Eclusive junk to clutter up you're sims house" it's just going to be same old boring game with the same old boring problems.

Red Faction 2 however is worthy of you're attension. I hated the first one, and although I've only played a demo of it's sequel, I find it far more fun to play than the first game. It also comes with a much improved 2-4 player multiplayer support.
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:16
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> They better make some graphical changes as well, I hope it isn't
> another straight Ps2 port.

It most likely will be just a straight port, Like Medal of Honour Frontline.
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:14
Regular
We're talking about Red Faction 2, not the damn dirty Sims.

They better make some graphical changes as well, I hope it isn't another straight Ps2 port.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.