GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smack The Pony just isn't funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 18:32
Regular
Classic example today of people trying to run our lives - Smack The Pony gets a 'recommended' star in the Daily Mail. But why? It's hardly ground-breaking comedy. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's not even funny. I think it may once have been funny. I remember something once that made me chuckle. But it's gone the way of Big Train and run out of steam. The Daily Mail telling me it is funny and I have to watch it is almost wartime public deception. It's not edgy, satirical, funny, all the things that make comedy worth watching. I might put on my old copies of The Day Today - I'd buy that for a dollar!
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont really watch it but what Ive seen it seems quite funny enough!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
Personally, I think Smack The Pony is great.

However, it's not unmissable. Comedies such as Red Dwarf, the Fast Show and Father Ted are unmissable, in my view.

Just watched the Office, classique stuff. :D
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:44
I can't beleive that you think it isn't funny!
I agree some sketches just go too far and that it isn't on the top of my list for things to watch, but if its on I will watch it.
Also Big Train is one of the funniest shows on the TV at the moment aswell as 'the office' and 'chewing the fat'. These shows are all about stupid comedy, not about people telling jokes i've heard 100 times before and people wearing funny little hats.
I agree some sketches and scenes don't make any sense at all but thats whats funny about it, and what makes people laugh. Maybe different things make different people laugh but Smack the Pony is definately hilarious and always will be to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Classic example today of people trying to run our lives - Smack The Pony gets a 'recommended' star in the Daily Mail. But why? It's hardly ground-breaking comedy. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's not even funny. I think it may once have been funny. I remember something once that made me chuckle. But it's gone the way of Big Train and run out of steam. The Daily Mail telling me it is funny and I have to watch it is almost wartime public deception. It's not edgy, satirical, funny, all the things that make comedy worth watching. I might put on my old copies of The Day Today - I'd buy that for a dollar!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.