GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smack The Pony just isn't funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 18:32
Regular
Classic example today of people trying to run our lives - Smack The Pony gets a 'recommended' star in the Daily Mail. But why? It's hardly ground-breaking comedy. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's not even funny. I think it may once have been funny. I remember something once that made me chuckle. But it's gone the way of Big Train and run out of steam. The Daily Mail telling me it is funny and I have to watch it is almost wartime public deception. It's not edgy, satirical, funny, all the things that make comedy worth watching. I might put on my old copies of The Day Today - I'd buy that for a dollar!
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Office is hilarious though. It reminds me of when I used to temp, and it's spot on. All the characters are perfect down to a tee.
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Sorry I did mean C4/E4. I probably made that mistake cuz there's nothing funny on their, anymore! Trigger Happy TV was brilliant, but comercialization has ruined it! And Friends used to be ok, but not that funny. It has just gone on too long now!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
See my 'tv of today and yesteryear' post in Movies forum to see my feelings on todays television.
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh, and 'Gimme x3' is amazingly crap.
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
'Smack' is on C4. Big Train used to be funny, but it really lacks a certain something that it used to have. Considering that these programmes come from the same house as Alan Partridge, Brass Eye et al, I just think they're not up to scratch. That's part of my original point though. When there's nothing on, you have to watch the nearest thing to something good. That's what 'Smack' is, 'the nearest thing to something good', so you end up watching it. Sometimes you end up laughing because there's nothing better to do.
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:03
Smake the pony....BBC....? I thought it was on channel 4?

Fast show is great aswell and that Lee Evans show is one of the funniest shows i've watched ever!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's not funny, when I have forced myself to watch it i've just sat there for
> the half hour that it's on silent, there's the occasional funny bit but it's
> still a load of rubbish.

Give me Alan Partridge or The League of Gentlemen
> anyday, not Smack the sodding Pony.

Alan Partridge maybe, but The League Of Gentlemen is just weird.
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree with you about Gimme Gimme Gimme, that is just dyer.

Smack The Pony's on C4 and E4, by the way. {:)
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:01
Regular
It's not funny, when I have forced myself to watch it i've just sat there for the half hour that it's on silent, there's the occasional funny bit but it's still a load of rubbish.

Give me Alan Partridge or The League of Gentlemen anyday, not Smack the sodding Pony.
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I hate all that stuff you get on BBC like Smack the Pony and Gimme Gimme Gimme!! My mum and sister just sit there staring at it for hours, almost worshipping it!! I've tried watching it but I just didn't find any part of it funny either! I really don't see why shows like this are still in transmission, and I personally do not feel they deserve the right to be on a Sky Digital channel! One thing they all have in common is that all the actors are just lame and sick! They try to be funny but are instead just irratating!

If people want comedy they should watch 'The Fast Show' even though it's finnished, 'Only Fools and Horses' or a live show of 'Lee Evans', normally found on channel 5 on friday nights. That's what I call comedy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.