GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smack The Pony just isn't funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 18:32
Regular
Classic example today of people trying to run our lives - Smack The Pony gets a 'recommended' star in the Daily Mail. But why? It's hardly ground-breaking comedy. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's not even funny. I think it may once have been funny. I remember something once that made me chuckle. But it's gone the way of Big Train and run out of steam. The Daily Mail telling me it is funny and I have to watch it is almost wartime public deception. It's not edgy, satirical, funny, all the things that make comedy worth watching. I might put on my old copies of The Day Today - I'd buy that for a dollar!
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:13
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
YES! Now that is comedy! Although the last one was a tad disappointing.
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The Office rules
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:55
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well I can't comment on this series but I watched the first series and I didn't think it was funny at all. The song at the end of every episode was painful to watch. If they need help on how to make a song funny, then they should go watch the French and Saunders impression of Bjork. Now THAT was hilarious!

Hold on, I remember one funny bit in Smack the Pony. "For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow--" BANG!! "Oh sorry I though she was someone else." That's it!!
Sun 03/02/02 at 09:16
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> I hate all that stuff etc etc

Got enough exclaimation marks there?
Sun 03/02/02 at 04:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
Gimme Gimme Gimme is one of the worst programmes Ive ever seen!!
Sun 03/02/02 at 00:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Some people like it, others (like me) think it's a waste of space. The Office is good though, I haven't heard a bad word said about it yet.
Sat 02/02/02 at 23:42
Regular
"That's right!"
Everytime I've channel hopped onto Smack The Pony, it's made me laugh

Just today my mate said it should be called "Smack The Director" as it's so awful (in his opinion)
Sat 02/02/02 at 23:39
Regular
Gimme gimme gimme is utter toss, I agree.

Chewin' the Fat isn't much better either.

I haven't had chance to see Smack The Pony yet or The Office, but I do intend to have a look at some point.

Give me an episode of Faulty Towers or Only Fools and Horses any day!
Sat 02/02/02 at 23:33
Regular
"Untamed Fist Of Sin"
Most of them shows have gone bare dry, I rather watch 'So Graham Norton'
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Did any of you ever see Los Dos Bros? It's about two brothers who go to a psychiatrist and tell her about their lives. It's got Hugo from 'Smack' in it. Damn funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.