GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another reason why Gamecube isn't doing that well in the UK...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 17:55
Regular
This retarded piece of writing is taken from the Times newspapers, reivew of what's to come in 2003 for gaming.

"Nintendo is still something of an unknown quantity. It will certainly be pushing for more Gamecube sales in 2003, but will adopt a typically low key approach to promotion. Gamecube is aimed at children and Nintendo will not worry about trying to improve its popularity with older gamers. Some industry rumours suggested that if Nintendo's Gamecube failed it would simply make games alone - but that is to underestimate this player. This is Nintendo afetr all the folk who still have the handheld market to themselves and couldn't bank profits fast enough for 2 years as Pokemon ruled the world.

Gamecube titles to look out for include Disneys Sports Football, Super Bust-a-move 3000 and Dragons Lair 3D"

Complete and utter retards, either they're being payed by Sony to say all this bullshi-t or they really know nothing.

I feel like writing in and tearing them apart for being such complete nonces. The list of 'games to look out for' says it all really.

Complete morons.
Sun 05/01/03 at 00:15
Regular
I think he thought they were gamestation's choices as best games, and didn't realise they were sales.
Sat 04/01/03 at 22:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
gamezfreak, I don't understand what you're on about? Gamestation are fanboys because their top games sales list includes lots of PS2 games? I think you will find that EVERY games shop's top ten has majority PS2 games, and many of these are rubbish. If you think about it the reason is simple: there are more PS2s out there than GCs and Xboxs put together, and licences sell to the mass public.

What did you expect? For there to be equal numbers of PS2, GC and Xbox titles in the top 10, and all the games being quality titles? Errrr... and the Dreamcast is alive/.
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Microchips wrote:
>
> i hate people like that. That's why i wrote a post about it, and it
> won GAD too! :D
>

Me too.

HA.
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:45
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Me, take deep breaths.

*Gets punched*

I read the Times game awards, they were so crap,well some of em', they awarded crap games prizes, they gave Halo 'Game of the year', it's good, but certainly not game of the year.
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cyclone wrote:
> Microchips wrote:
> . Who are these people?
>
> Mostly the same that complain of violence in games, regardless of
> system.

Oh, and how they 'rot' your brain...

i hate people like that. That's why i wrote a post about it, and it won GAD too! :D

Who says anger never gets you nowhere...
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Microchips wrote:
. Who are these people?

Mostly the same that complain of violence in games, regardless of system.
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:20
Regular
www.gamestation.co.uk are guilty of PS2 fanboyism aswell, Look at their top 10 charts aswell..

1 The Getaway PS2 - Medicore
2 Grand Theft Auto : Vice City PS2 - Alright, Not brilliant
3 007 Nightfire PS2 - "" "" "" ""
4 Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers PS2 - Never Played it
5 Fifa 2003 PS2 - Pfft
6 Spiderman The Movie PS2 - WTF?
7 Mat Hoffman’s pro bmx 2 PS2 - WTF?
8 Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets PS2 - Bah
9 Splinter Cell X-Box - At least they've got somethig right, But 9th place?
10 Pro Evolution Soccer PS2 - This game is old
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:05
Regular
Don't EVER, EVER look at the Metro then.

Top 10 games of the week:

"Crap Game" : PS2
Sat 04/01/03 at 20:15
Regular
Who ever said the Times were known for their journalistic integrity though?
Sat 04/01/03 at 20:13
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Gamecube titles to look out for include Disneys Sports Football, Super
> Bust-a-move 3000 and Dragons Lair 3D"

They need to see a doctor..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.