GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another reason why Gamecube isn't doing that well in the UK...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 17:55
Regular
This retarded piece of writing is taken from the Times newspapers, reivew of what's to come in 2003 for gaming.

"Nintendo is still something of an unknown quantity. It will certainly be pushing for more Gamecube sales in 2003, but will adopt a typically low key approach to promotion. Gamecube is aimed at children and Nintendo will not worry about trying to improve its popularity with older gamers. Some industry rumours suggested that if Nintendo's Gamecube failed it would simply make games alone - but that is to underestimate this player. This is Nintendo afetr all the folk who still have the handheld market to themselves and couldn't bank profits fast enough for 2 years as Pokemon ruled the world.

Gamecube titles to look out for include Disneys Sports Football, Super Bust-a-move 3000 and Dragons Lair 3D"

Complete and utter retards, either they're being payed by Sony to say all this bullshi-t or they really know nothing.

I feel like writing in and tearing them apart for being such complete nonces. The list of 'games to look out for' says it all really.

Complete morons.
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:40
Regular
He may have been speaking of a rumour, and not something he's actually done. I've really got to get into Deus Ex again - it's my favourite game ever (joint 1st with one other).
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You can't kill him in hells Kitchen. The mech and all the soilders at the top of the stairs annihalate you. I think I killed him in Paris.

With that word.....
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
Cheers Mav I would appreciate it if you asked him. However the escape from prison level is great fun and it gives you a chance to re-stock all of your weapons and get new ammo. This is what an FAQ says about killing Agent Herman at the train station:

(Remove Space)

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin /file/deus_ex_do_not_link_here.txt

"As soon as the oncoming onslaught is out of the way, Paul will escape. Now
you have a couple of options. You can run out the front door, guns blazing,
wreaking havoc, and DIE. Or, you can head out the window and hoof it for the subway, using the code that Paul gives you (6282 I think.) Hop on the train and head upstairs.

Oh boy, everyone's favorite mech, Gunther! You can either surrender, which
will save you some health, or you can tell him to be a hero and DIE. No matter whether you die back in Hell's Kitchen, or DIE here, or surrender, you end up in the same place."

I think you can't actually kill him there as the prison escape is part of the game as you meet deadalus the hacker for the first time. Please check though to see.

That aside, just ignore Sony fan boys, I don't get the same treatment at scholl because all of my friends have Xbox's and only 2 have PS2's. The ones that have PS2's aren't really into games that much and they only enjoy playing two games... You guessed it, GTA3 + Vice City! I am not exhaggerating when I say that is all they got for Christmas as a PS2 game/s and when I asked them about getting Resident Evil Code Veronica X (old but excellent) they weren't interested in the slightest. This should push developers into developing Crime-Em ups for the GameCube and Xbox which would be good.
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:10
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Actualy, a PC and GC ar ehte perfect combination.
>
> Little cross-polination, and plenty of quality PS2/XBox stuff on PC.
> But GC has its own breed of classics too.
>
> Indeed.

Couldn't agree more, if you own a half decent PC then a GC is the console to have.
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Actualy, a PC and GC ar ehte perfect combination.

Little cross-polination, and plenty of quality PS2/XBox stuff on PC. But GC has its own breed of classics too.

Indeed.
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:04
Regular
A conversation between me and a friend today:

Me: So are you ever going to get a console?
Sam: Well, I liked Splinter Cell and Halo on X-Box, Resi and Mario on GC, and GTA on PS2.
Me: Well, GTA's kind of getting repetitive, and you can get it on your PC anyway.
Sam: Cool! That makes the PS2 somewhat redundant. I did prefer the GC, but I really enjoyed Halo and Splinter Cell too.
Me: Well, Halo's available on PC, or will be, and Splinter Cell is on the GC soon.
Sam: That sounds good actually. I might just get a GameCube.
[Enter Person X (who I don't know)]
PX: Don't get a GameCube! It's rubbish!
Sam: [laughs]
PX: It is! I know!
Me: Why?
PX: Well, it's just so tiny and purple!
Me: It comes in black too, you know.
PX: [laughing, to sam] Trust me, you don't want one! [Turns around]
Sam: I don't think I'm a console person. I'll stick with my PC.

Real conversation. Real example of how some people can actually be put off by the crap some fanboys spout.
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Splinter Cell rocks.

Indeed.

*doesen't rub legs in anticipation of GC version*
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:54
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I could be wrong about Agent Herman but I do
> believe that he is made invinsible at the train station as later on he
> plays a big part in the story. Next time I play through it I will try
> to kill him at the train station although I fired 6 Rockets and shot
> him over 20 times and he still didn't die. However in the church it
> takes one rocket to blow him up. Please would you ask your friend how
> he killed him? Cheers.

All I got before was:

"Kill Agent Hermann at the train station, and you get to keep all of your stuff and go straight to Hong Kong in the helicopter with Jock"

I'll ask him about it.
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:59
Regular
Splinter Cell rocks.
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:57
What I can't stand is that most arguments aren't over something meaningful like how the game plays - it's usually on the graphics, or how long it lasts. Also, I remember having a conversation with someone getting an Xbox and Splinter Cell for Xmas; he didn't know that it was only exclusive to the console until the new year, so I had great joy in explaining to him that it was coming out on the 'cube in March. He was genuinely devastated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.