GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who wants to know about the gamecube?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/02 at 22:07
Regular
Ask away
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:48
thats actually wrong.
the middle one controls whether its jap or american.
complete cirsuit for american un complete circuit for jap.
have a look in cube magazine and theres an article on it all
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:19
"You love us!"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Or†ega wrote:
> After looking at the DVDboxoffice site I am really thinking
> about
> importing.

Me too, actually. I'm just really worried that there
> WON'T be a mod to play PAL games. Can anyone put my worries to rest?

Hmmm i wonderd this to so i opened up the modded Jap Cube we have at work - Just don't let my boss know or it'll be P45 for me! ;). Anyway, inside the cube there are three small connections, all next to each other in a vertical line.

On an Jap GC, the top connection is made, where as the lower two have resistors - effectivly breaking the circuit. On the US GC the middle one is connected and the top and bottom ones are blocked.

So when a Jap cube is modded all you do is fit a two way switch to the top two connections, so you can effectilvey switch between the two different circuits, thus giving you both US and Jap compatability.

Now bearing in mind the fact that there are THREE connections and the top two are for Jap and US, i don't think its to unreasonable to think that bottom one is for the Euro cube. If this is the case then all you need do is fit a three way swicth that allows you to select one of the three connections!

In theory you could fit this three way switch now, but there is no way of knowing if the third setting is going to work until an UK game is released.

Myself, i'd put money on the fact that this'll work.
Sat 02/02/02 at 23:15
there isnt free delivery on large hardware and they havent had gamecubes in stock for two months i know i had one on order but alas no more:(
I GOT ONE FORM LIKSANG AND LOVE IT:)
Sat 02/02/02 at 12:14
Regular
The JAP and US consoles are practically the same, so they were really easy to MOD. But they are bot NTSC, seeing as we are PAL i'm thinking the console will be a little more harder to MOD to play PAL.
Sat 02/02/02 at 11:47
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Or†ega wrote:
> After looking at the DVDboxoffice site I am really thinking about
> importing.

Me too, actually. I'm just really worried that there WON'T be a mod to play PAL games. Can anyone put my worries to rest?
Sat 02/02/02 at 11:05
Regular
After looking at the DVDboxoffice site I am really thinking about importing...even free shipping on all their products.

I already ordered MArio advance 2 from them. Cant wait!
Sat 02/02/02 at 10:43
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
go to dvdboxoffice , get most games for about 30 quid , and that universal studios game is ony £14.95 !
Sat 02/02/02 at 09:01
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
DaveyDenton wrote:
> Tony_Blair wrote:
> it's actually a 0.287 one

cool i didnt have a clue

well you do now ;)
Sat 02/02/02 at 08:46
another good one.
the webcast said 259 euros i think it was which at the time ment 159 pounds.
now all teh retailers have been up in arm at the suggestion that they should sell it for 150.
if you take the american amount of $200 and convert it you roughly get at the moment £135
So if they can sell it in america for $200 (£135) then there is hardly any reason why they cant price it a 150 over here.
But as SR and other indies may do (although there a little biggere than your average indie) they will i think charge 160 and places like game and eb probably 170 and dixons etc 180.
Im not worried really cos if mine breaks ill get another from usa.
i could be playing the jap version of resident evil 1, 3-4 months ahead of any one else!!!! And i will have played all the good games before tehy come out over here and for about 10 pound less to buy. Not that im showing off or anything :)
Sat 02/02/02 at 07:53
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
ok then . . . the final big one .... how much wil the gamecube DEFINATLEY (ahha) cost in the UNITED KINGDOM , in pounds sterling ??? ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.