GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Concerning An SR Gaming Clan"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/02 at 08:31
Regular
Ok, so we have a lot of online gamers on the board, and I think it would be a good idea if we made a clan or something, because we could have some great battle against other boards or teams etc. Here's the ideas that I've come up with:

Games - There are many online games, but here are the main ones I can think of.

Quake 3 Arena
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament: Tactical Ops
Soldier of Fortune
Medal of Honour: Allied Assault
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Half Life: Counterstrike

I own all of those except Counterstrike (doesn't work) and TO (downloading tonight). So, who actually plays on here and who would be interested? Some of these are from the [oV] clan, which I am a member of.

Whooo Style!
Bonus
Turbonutter
Sh@neo
Reaper
MJswerve
Sniper

I'm sure that there are others, but we just need to find out the ones that are interested, list them down and we can really get into order with a site design etc. We could have 2 (or more) teams from SR that can play against each other in practise matches or whatever, and then join to play another team in a massive brawl. What do you all think?

Cheers,
Shaun
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:50
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Pah, serious people. We take the UKD approach to gaming, it's infinitely more fun, clan tends to be made up of whoever appears..

Oh, out of interest, does anyone play Rune?
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:50
"I hate that!!!"
Hello there MJ
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:49
Regular
[UKČ] don't get owned, full stop :) If we get beaten its never too badly. But to be honest since I joined losses haven't been a common occurance thanks to some brilliant teamwork and using rogerwilko to its full effect.
Fri 01/02/02 at 13:40
Regular
Well UKČ don't get beaten too badly we win alot :P
Fri 01/02/02 at 13:39
Regular
Reaper finally getting into TO... cos it rocks as a clan in TO. MoH: AA prolly get it for my b'day in month.. gonna get a new PC this month.
Fri 01/02/02 at 09:10
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Damn right you will, we get owned regularly anyway. At least we're not quite as bad as we thought, Bugstomper admitted to cheating against us in the CS playoffs...even we shouldn't lose 36-1. How did some spectator fail to notice that he was using a wallhack...

And some of you people get to i10, I'm sure I've seen some UKD members on the multiplayUK boards..
Fri 01/02/02 at 09:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
When you get this Clan sorted out, The UKD will own you.
And we'll take the screenshots to prove it.

www.ukd.org.uk
Fri 01/02/02 at 09:04
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Definatelty - I've got Q3, UT, TO, CS and MOH:AA soon...I'd play with or against the SR clan, however needed, but I'll stick with oV fors lans, webby etc. I should go update/make/consider that site now actually. Or not, TO is far more appealing.

Damnyou Sniper.
Fri 01/02/02 at 08:52
Regular
Aye, aye, maybe we should start arranging deathmatch games, before trying to set up a proper clan, that way we could easily find out who was interested in all that sort of jazz before trying to arrange clan matches and the like........

Anyway, with the advent of PS2 online gaming, I thikn the sooner us SR guys start kicking each other's backsides at games, rather than just whining to each other about them, the better :D
Fri 01/02/02 at 08:38
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
What about the unpopular Aliens Versus Predator 2?

Thanks, I forgot to add that one. When we have more posts, I'll update it.

What's
> Medal of Honour like? REALLY worth buying for someone addicted to web design,
> or just a good game?

If Goatboy's post is anything to go by, it is really good, so I suggest getting it, even if you're bombarded with web design. I'll be getting it, you should too! The online play prospect sounds great, and that could make the game that bit better than the rest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.