GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Freeola Quiz 2012!! "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/01/12 at 16:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Quiz hasd now ended

I'll keep things simple this year, and just place the questions in this thread. 2 free games up for grabs!!!

IMPORTANT NOTE: When submitting details please put your username on, and ensure you keep a copy of the mail/text yourself

-------------------------------
----Rules & Details-----
-------------------------------

Show Spoiler

----------------------
--QUESTIONS--
----------------------

Show Spoiler

------------------
---ANSWERS---
------------------

Show Spoiler

------------------
---SCORES---
------------------

Show Spoiler

Freeola's (Re. Warhunt) decision is final :D

Enjoy.
Mon 06/02/12 at 15:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Well done to all, and thank you for participating.

The DoTA answer was tempting to give, but it's not technically correct. It is a mod for Warcraft 3, and the screenie was from of Jainas' missions in the original.

I was suprised you said DoTA as opposed to Warcraft 3 though, as DoTA isn't the actual game.

And the gaming one was meant to be hard. I loved the game series, but even for those people who did recognise her it would be much more common to mistake that recognition with a Resi character, or even DoA or SF.
Mon 06/02/12 at 15:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ha ha ... don't worry pete, you are a 'big gun' ... you're a Freeola Forumite regular (do hope that's not a contentious statement).
Mon 06/02/12 at 15:11
Regular
"I like turtles"
Well you still got 1 more gaming pic than I did DL, I didn't get any at all. Some 'big gun' eh? :(

Only got the Vinci one right because my mum and sister visited there last year, that was my 'Slumdog Millionaire' moment! :)

Meant to say thanks to Warhunt and the guys for arranging this earlier but forgot, so I'll say it now.
Mon 06/02/12 at 14:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Seeing as you cracked the anagram as well, which couple did you not actually get DL?

Thanks pete, but congratulations to you too ... an excellent position.

Gaming 6: I thought it was Defence of The Ancients
Gaming 7: Not a clue and I don't even know the game now I've seen the answer :¬)
Mon 06/02/12 at 14:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
I knew I should have placed that bet! :(

Seeing as you cracked the anagram as well, which couple did you not actually get DL?

That is one hell of a score mate, a totally deserved and I would imagine one very popular winner.

Mega congratulations! :)

Seriously though, I am more than happy to share the bottom step of the metaphorical podium with Jason, honestly didn't think I would do that well.

Olly Murs question made my laugh though as he has a twin brother. I thought it might have been him which would have made it quite possibly the best trick question ever!
Mon 06/02/12 at 13:26
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Congrats DL! Amazing score!

I'm happy for joint 3rd - better than any pub quiz I have been to in the last few years!
Mon 06/02/12 at 12:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Total surprise!

But many thanks to all of you, especially to Warhunt and Freeola for the quiz. What a competitive quiz it was, judging by the closeness of the scores! (Great score SC) Well done to everyone.

I'm just glad that I finally cracked the 'anagram' before the answers were revealed :¬)

You are a great group of people :¬)
Mon 06/02/12 at 12:07
Regular
Gratz to the big gun DL :D

I know know who William Taft is now and I'm ashamed for not getting SNES.

I thought Alfonse was going to win because I'm easily mislead by confidence :P
Mon 06/02/12 at 11:55
"possibly impossible"
Well done DL.

Did better than I expected to, so happy with that score.
Mon 06/02/12 at 11:26
Regular
Knew i'd never win but did a lot better than i was expecting, well done Dragonlance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.