GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Freeola Quiz 2012!! "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/01/12 at 16:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Quiz hasd now ended

I'll keep things simple this year, and just place the questions in this thread. 2 free games up for grabs!!!

IMPORTANT NOTE: When submitting details please put your username on, and ensure you keep a copy of the mail/text yourself

-------------------------------
----Rules & Details-----
-------------------------------

Show Spoiler

----------------------
--QUESTIONS--
----------------------

Show Spoiler

------------------
---ANSWERS---
------------------

Show Spoiler

------------------
---SCORES---
------------------

Show Spoiler

Freeola's (Re. Warhunt) decision is final :D

Enjoy.
Tue 07/02/12 at 11:17
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We'll make a WoW player out of you yet!
Tue 07/02/12 at 11:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Never mind :¬)
Tue 07/02/12 at 09:45
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
That's actually the characters face in the top left of the WoW example :D

Or rather a little screen shot of the characters head. In this case he is wearing a purple hood, which fills most of the portrait frame :)
Tue 07/02/12 at 09:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Having compared game 6 interface with your examples, another thing which may have swayed me was the symbol - top centre, like a blue world and the standard WoW example has a similar purple world, top left.
Tue 07/02/12 at 08:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Dragonlance wrote:
....I went with recent 'repetition' ie DoTA, but I did recognise the GUI as WoW though! :¬)

GUI was Warcraft 3, not WoW by the way.

This is the standard WoW UI Standard
The 'bars' at the bottom left aren't standard mind.

And here's my modified UI Me
Mon 06/02/12 at 22:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
DL, If I ever get on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire I've decided I want you as my phone a friend, that OK?

Haha :¬D That is not a problem pete ... anytime. You just need my number ;¬)
Mon 06/02/12 at 21:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
DL, If I ever get on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire I've decided I want you as my phone a friend, that OK?

Decided it's better than my other plan of having some dude coughing in the audience! :)
Mon 06/02/12 at 18:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
The DoTA answer was tempting to give, but it's not technically correct. It is a mod for Warcraft 3, and the screenie was from of Jainas' missions in the original.

I was suprised you said DoTA as opposed to Warcraft 3 though, as DoTA isn't the actual game.

Point taken WH ... but no probs :¬)

I've read endless articles/reviews and interviews over the last few weeks regarding the RPG genre, Skyrim, WoW etc etc and all have included screenshots and numerous references to DoTA ... so knowing your love of WoW and suspecting that at least one of those 'gaming screenshots' was likely to be WoW and I was pretty certain the 'other' was Diablo2....I went with recent 'repetition' ie DoTA, but I did recognise the GUI as WoW though! :¬)
Mon 06/02/12 at 18:11
Regular
"How Ironic"
Thanks Warhunt, Butch and Dean for sorting the whole quiz out for us :-)
Mon 06/02/12 at 16:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
My initial thought was of DoA, as she looks very similar to the characters. Remembered her from one of my OPM magazines as I think she featured in a poster. How I remembered the name, God only knows (must be that I never forget a girl's name...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.