GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consoles. What's the point??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/03 at 21:09
Regular
A popular topic for discussion is consoles. Which is the best, worst, biggest, smallest, strangest, cheapest, most reliable and which one has the most games. Personally i would rather see them all disappear and for this reason: all they are good for is causing thumb-aches and headaches.

Take the Gameboy Advance. It is small. That is obvious. And that can be an advantage to you compact travel-gamers, or a disadvantage. The disadvantage is that you are more than likely to drop it, lose it or lend it and get it broken. And the games are, to make a long story short, miniscule. You need a microscope to chack whether you are holding "Wolfenstein" or "Golden Sun". And then you go and lose both. Sheesh! It's graphics may well just be cardboard cut-outs given unnatural life. On "Ecks versus Sever" every enemy falls onto his knees and then face down and your foes are 2D. Where's the "Advance" in that?

GameCube was supposed to be Nintendo's best console yet. HA, HA, HA!!! I don't know whether it was supposed to be advertised in the gayest colour ever (purple, tisk, tisk) and why cube. It could have been a more practical cuboid or an imaginative pyramid. Nope, they chose a 3D square. Honestly.

Xbox is massive, full-stop. Sure it has a built in hard drive to store games onto the actual console but, God, it is COLLOSAL. I wonder if it was intentional? I think that Mr. Gates should have stuck with PC's. It would do us a lot of good. Believe it or not I have a friend who bought an Xbox. 2 weeks later it had reportedly started smoking from the back. It was damaged beyond repair? My God what is the world coming to?

PS2. Everyone knows what that is. "The third place", you know what I mean??? DVDs, backward compatability, texture mapping, blah, blah, blah. It's enough to make you sick. It made me sick anyway. Tons of useless peripherals for it. A horizontal and vertical stand! WOW (not). It does have some good games. Bloody, gory, ugly, rugged games with only four objectives. Kill, mutilate, obliterate, destroy.

In other words, consoles just wash your money away and for what? A whole load of pure disability. I DESPISE IT.

Nismo, enemy of games. Really, I am.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:48
"Uzi Lover"
Well not laugh, as I don't laugh like that on here. But a laugh inside my brain kinda thing :-S
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
>Made me laugh actually.

Thats because it was laughably stupid, and ignorant.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:51
Regular
Oh well, atleast the guy's not biased...
Mon 06/01/03 at 12:58
Regular
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> Stop spamming spam41.
>
> At least consoles can't get hacked.

Not yet, but wait a while for poeple to get online with them, then you might see improper remote access.

Didn't some 1 right a virus as a TEXT MSG for mobile phone's last year?
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Remember me?"
torticollis wrote:
> I agree, your mindless insults towards things you don't understand is
> probably just a nOObish spontaneous "try to win a GAD"
> threads. Oh well, better create a new account and start again...

Just watch! torticollis will accuse every new Newbie of being Nashstuff90 now. :D
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
Update2.01 wrote:
> Didn't some 1 right a virus as a TEXT MSG for mobile phone's last
> year?

I heard somewhere that there was a virus going around on the Dreamcast, too...
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah that would work.
"Let's make a virus for the DC, we'll send it in emails"
"okay but how do they download it"
"let's play it by ear"
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
He's right though.

What is the point of consoles?

Come to think of it, what's the point of going down the pub with your mates? or owning a nice car when a micra does the job. What about television? What's the point there?

Hang on, Is there really a point to life at all?

If anyone needs me I'll be in the broom cupboard eating rat poison.

:)
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Slaveunit wrote:
> If anyone needs me I'll be in the broom cupboard eating rat poison.

Not for long I imagine
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
gerrid wrote:
> Not for long I imagine

then if you're gonna need me, need me now...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.