GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consoles. What's the point??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/03 at 21:09
Regular
A popular topic for discussion is consoles. Which is the best, worst, biggest, smallest, strangest, cheapest, most reliable and which one has the most games. Personally i would rather see them all disappear and for this reason: all they are good for is causing thumb-aches and headaches.

Take the Gameboy Advance. It is small. That is obvious. And that can be an advantage to you compact travel-gamers, or a disadvantage. The disadvantage is that you are more than likely to drop it, lose it or lend it and get it broken. And the games are, to make a long story short, miniscule. You need a microscope to chack whether you are holding "Wolfenstein" or "Golden Sun". And then you go and lose both. Sheesh! It's graphics may well just be cardboard cut-outs given unnatural life. On "Ecks versus Sever" every enemy falls onto his knees and then face down and your foes are 2D. Where's the "Advance" in that?

GameCube was supposed to be Nintendo's best console yet. HA, HA, HA!!! I don't know whether it was supposed to be advertised in the gayest colour ever (purple, tisk, tisk) and why cube. It could have been a more practical cuboid or an imaginative pyramid. Nope, they chose a 3D square. Honestly.

Xbox is massive, full-stop. Sure it has a built in hard drive to store games onto the actual console but, God, it is COLLOSAL. I wonder if it was intentional? I think that Mr. Gates should have stuck with PC's. It would do us a lot of good. Believe it or not I have a friend who bought an Xbox. 2 weeks later it had reportedly started smoking from the back. It was damaged beyond repair? My God what is the world coming to?

PS2. Everyone knows what that is. "The third place", you know what I mean??? DVDs, backward compatability, texture mapping, blah, blah, blah. It's enough to make you sick. It made me sick anyway. Tons of useless peripherals for it. A horizontal and vertical stand! WOW (not). It does have some good games. Bloody, gory, ugly, rugged games with only four objectives. Kill, mutilate, obliterate, destroy.

In other words, consoles just wash your money away and for what? A whole load of pure disability. I DESPISE IT.

Nismo, enemy of games. Really, I am.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:09
Regular
"The Stuffy 90 Nash"
A popular topic for discussion is consoles. Which is the best, worst, biggest, smallest, strangest, cheapest, most reliable and which one has the most games. Personally i would rather see them all disappear and for this reason: all they are good for is causing thumb-aches and headaches.

Take the Gameboy Advance. It is small. That is obvious. And that can be an advantage to you compact travel-gamers, or a disadvantage. The disadvantage is that you are more than likely to drop it, lose it or lend it and get it broken. And the games are, to make a long story short, miniscule. You need a microscope to chack whether you are holding "Wolfenstein" or "Golden Sun". And then you go and lose both. Sheesh! It's graphics may well just be cardboard cut-outs given unnatural life. On "Ecks versus Sever" every enemy falls onto his knees and then face down and your foes are 2D. Where's the "Advance" in that?

GameCube was supposed to be Nintendo's best console yet. HA, HA, HA!!! I don't know whether it was supposed to be advertised in the gayest colour ever (purple, tisk, tisk) and why cube. It could have been a more practical cuboid or an imaginative pyramid. Nope, they chose a 3D square. Honestly.

Xbox is massive, full-stop. Sure it has a built in hard drive to store games onto the actual console but, God, it is COLLOSAL. I wonder if it was intentional? I think that Mr. Gates should have stuck with PC's. It would do us a lot of good. Believe it or not I have a friend who bought an Xbox. 2 weeks later it had reportedly started smoking from the back. It was damaged beyond repair? My God what is the world coming to?

PS2. Everyone knows what that is. "The third place", you know what I mean??? DVDs, backward compatability, texture mapping, blah, blah, blah. It's enough to make you sick. It made me sick anyway. Tons of useless peripherals for it. A horizontal and vertical stand! WOW (not). It does have some good games. Bloody, gory, ugly, rugged games with only four objectives. Kill, mutilate, obliterate, destroy.

In other words, consoles just wash your money away and for what? A whole load of pure disability. I DESPISE IT.

Nismo, enemy of games. Really, I am.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:10
Regular
Tw*t
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:11
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I-D-I-O-T
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:12
Regular
"we escape....."
pr*ck
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:13
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
CONSOLES ROCK, shut up!
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I agree, your mindless insults towards things you don't understand is probably just a nOObish spontaneous "try to win a GAD" threads. Oh well, better create a new account and start again...
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:30
Nashstuff90 wrote:
> A popular topic for discussion is consoles. Which is the best, worst,
> biggest, smallest, strangest, cheapest, most reliable and which one
> has the most games. Personally i would rather see them all disappear
> and for this reason: all they are good for is causing thumb-aches and
> headaches.
>
> Take the Gameboy Advance. It is small.

you complain the gba is too small, you complain the xbox is too big ... theres no pleasing gypsies now-a-days

That is obvious. And that can
> be an advantage to you compact travel-gamers, or a disadvantage. The
> disadvantage is that you are more than likely to drop it, lose it or
> lend it and get it broken. And the games are, to make a long story
> short, miniscule.

I think that is the point of making a portable console, no?

You need a microscope to chack whether you are
> holding "Wolfenstein" or "Golden Sun". And then
> you go and lose both. Sheesh! It's graphics may well just be cardboard
> cut-outs given unnatural life. On "Ecks versus Sever" every
> enemy falls onto his knees and then face down and your foes are 2D.

You seem to know a lot about videogames, considering you HATE them

> Where's the "Advance" in that?

The fact that it is colour and is capable of many textures and more 'advanced' games, as the gameboy was just one colour, one texture
>
> GameCube was supposed to be Nintendo's best console yet. HA, HA, HA!!!

dont have a seizure their mate. and if you think about it.. it is nintendos best console ever

> I don't know whether it was supposed to be advertised in the gayest
> colour ever

WOW, advertised in purple.. what a crime. You obviously have too much time on your hands if you are complaining about the colour of a console, get a life

(purple, tisk, tisk) and why cube. It could have been a
> more practical cuboid or an imaginative pyramid.

How is a basic shape imaginative? Anyways, the cube is meant to be kept simple

Nope, they chose a 3D
> square. Honestly.

No a cube!, a 3D square is a 3D square, and a cube is a cube.... this guy is so good, he doesn't even know his damn shapes
>
> Xbox is massive, full-stop.

Well, it wasn't made for portability, and is no bigger than a VCR. I dont see people complaining about the size of their VCR or DVD player, so whats the problem?

Sure it has a built in hard drive to store
> games onto the actual console but, God, it is COLLOSAL. I wonder if it
> was intentional? I think that Mr. Gates should have stuck with PC's.

Well, if your only complaint was that the Xbox is huge, just think how big a PC is, you clearly haven't thought about anything, have you?

> It would do us a lot of good. Believe it or not

Not

I have a friend

Don't believe that either

> who
> bought an Xbox. 2 weeks later it had reportedly started smoking from
> the back. It was damaged beyond repair? My God what is the world
> coming to?

Bloody hell... i cant believe it..... smoke? Whatis the world coming to?
>
> PS2. Everyone knows what that is. "The third place", you
> know what I mean??? DVDs, backward compatability, texture mapping,
> blah, blah, blah. It's enough to make you sick. It made me sick
> anyway. Tons of useless peripherals for it. A horizontal and vertical
> stand! WOW (not).

How can you have a not wow? it doesn't even make sense

It does have some good games. Bloody, gory, ugly,
> rugged games with only four objectives. Kill, mutilate, obliterate,
> destroy.

Wha? Britneys dance game is a bit violent then,
>
> In other words, consoles just wash your money away and for what? A
> whole load of pure disability. I DESPISE IT.

Right, go get a dictionary and look up 'disability'.

>
> Nismo, enemy of games.

So you decide to sign up on a games website... good idea

>Really, I am a nob head.

I know

Sam41
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Stop spamming spam41.

At least consoles can't get hacked.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:47
"Uzi Lover"
I thought the original post was alright...

Sure it was another console wars topic by a JAT but after seeing alot of them this si the best one I've seen. Made me laugh actually.

No need for the harsh words.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:48
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> Stop spamming spam41.
>
> At least consoles can't get hacked.

Thats not spamming.... read it for christs sake

Spam4..... i mean Sam41

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.