GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consoles. What's the point??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/03 at 21:09
Regular
A popular topic for discussion is consoles. Which is the best, worst, biggest, smallest, strangest, cheapest, most reliable and which one has the most games. Personally i would rather see them all disappear and for this reason: all they are good for is causing thumb-aches and headaches.

Take the Gameboy Advance. It is small. That is obvious. And that can be an advantage to you compact travel-gamers, or a disadvantage. The disadvantage is that you are more than likely to drop it, lose it or lend it and get it broken. And the games are, to make a long story short, miniscule. You need a microscope to chack whether you are holding "Wolfenstein" or "Golden Sun". And then you go and lose both. Sheesh! It's graphics may well just be cardboard cut-outs given unnatural life. On "Ecks versus Sever" every enemy falls onto his knees and then face down and your foes are 2D. Where's the "Advance" in that?

GameCube was supposed to be Nintendo's best console yet. HA, HA, HA!!! I don't know whether it was supposed to be advertised in the gayest colour ever (purple, tisk, tisk) and why cube. It could have been a more practical cuboid or an imaginative pyramid. Nope, they chose a 3D square. Honestly.

Xbox is massive, full-stop. Sure it has a built in hard drive to store games onto the actual console but, God, it is COLLOSAL. I wonder if it was intentional? I think that Mr. Gates should have stuck with PC's. It would do us a lot of good. Believe it or not I have a friend who bought an Xbox. 2 weeks later it had reportedly started smoking from the back. It was damaged beyond repair? My God what is the world coming to?

PS2. Everyone knows what that is. "The third place", you know what I mean??? DVDs, backward compatability, texture mapping, blah, blah, blah. It's enough to make you sick. It made me sick anyway. Tons of useless peripherals for it. A horizontal and vertical stand! WOW (not). It does have some good games. Bloody, gory, ugly, rugged games with only four objectives. Kill, mutilate, obliterate, destroy.

In other words, consoles just wash your money away and for what? A whole load of pure disability. I DESPISE IT.

Nismo, enemy of games. Really, I am.
Tue 14/01/03 at 19:43
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
He makes up crap arguement.

His arguements can relate to everything around us - You could lose a GBA game. Well you could lose ya winkie if you don't shut up!
Tue 14/01/03 at 19:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Life can be incredibly dull.

Really.

*yawns*
Tue 14/01/03 at 18:55
Regular
"699 days!"
Reasons why Nash is an idiot (summary, I know there are way more)

1) If you hate consoles don't sign up to a games site and complain to games lovers.

2) He says 'why isn't the gamecube a practicle cuboid'? It is you stupid, stupid freak.

3) He doesn' realise there are more games than FPSs.

4) He doesn't realise games are fun.

5) He can't spell, punctuate, or paragraph properly.

P*ss off moron.
Tue 14/01/03 at 18:21
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Boo!! Boo to you Nashstuff90! You must be some sad 50 year old who hates games just because you don't know how to play them with your clumsy hands that can't even hold a controller! Either that, or you're just some dummarse who wants to be the center of attention. And so you think that the people in these chat forums hate consoles just like you, and you also thought that you would be accepted by these people who apparently hate consoles! Well guess what, no one hates consoles here... Apart from you.

So, it's either that you're a 50 year old person who is an anti-gamer, or a boy who wants some attention, little do you know that you will be, in a bad way.
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:53
Regular
"aliens exist"
actually nash u dickweed, the gamecube is a cuboid, as the name may suggest, and not a square as you so wrongly stated, as a squre is a 2d flat, object, you bum boy
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:04
Regular
"The Stuffy 90 Nash"
Sam41 hurt me emotionally. 'sob, sob'
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:03
Regular
"The Stuffy 90 Nash"
I Hate You
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
gerrid wrote:
> Not for long I imagine

then if you're gonna need me, need me now...
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Slaveunit wrote:
> If anyone needs me I'll be in the broom cupboard eating rat poison.

Not for long I imagine
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
He's right though.

What is the point of consoles?

Come to think of it, what's the point of going down the pub with your mates? or owning a nice car when a micra does the job. What about television? What's the point there?

Hang on, Is there really a point to life at all?

If anyone needs me I'll be in the broom cupboard eating rat poison.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.