GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 software sales rocket:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/01/03 at 15:43
Regular
PS2 titles sell by the bucket load over the Christmas and New year period. Titles like the LOTR, GTA VC and inparticular the Getaway are so popular with the gaming public that they have sold out in many places accross the country due to the demand out stripping the supply.

Argos and comet have many of the top titles are at £29.99, Toy r us are doing buy one get one free and so are dixons and pc world. I bought Red faction 2 for £39.99 and got Smackdown Shut your mouth free now that is cheap gaming by anyones standards.

I also got Rally fusion for £9.99 yes that is right from Woolworths.

Just yet more evidence if you want the best games at the best price then buy the PS2 its the best console (well it the best anyway.)
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:16
"+ suspicious minds"
Dr Z, at least the Nintendo fans don't go around here preaching about how well the GC is doing in japan, we keep that in the Ninty forum. as does top score need to learn to keep his unwanted babble in the matching unwanted babble pile.
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:08
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> maddmun wrote:
> Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Top score, they're called the January sales.
>
> That's when they lower the price of all the rubbish stuff right?
>
> No, it's just when the prices go down after christmas, you can get the
> majority of GC games for £20.

Then it's not the rubbish stuff, what's going on? do they pick the good ones to make £20 then the bad ones 9.99 like tht rally game?
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:06
"Uzi Lover"
Rickoss, you have Capcom VS SNK2 EO...talk to me bout it man. I wanted the GC version but the Xbox version is going online and that's what I wanted in the game. It's all said in my post in Prime.

Shall I get the GC version anyway?
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:04
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
>
> That's when they lower the price of all the rubbish stuff right?

No, it's just when the prices go down after christmas, you can get the majority of GC games for £20.
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:00
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:

That's when they lower the price of all the rubbish stuff right?
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:59
Regular
Dr Z wrote:
> Bloody hell, is it just me or is the majority of SR dominated by
> Nintendo and Xbox freaks.
>
> Give the PS2 loving homo a break will ya!
>
> Jeez

Have you seen how much crap this guy posts?
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:59
Regular
Top score wrote:
> PS2 titles sell by the bucket load over the Christmas and New year
> period. Titles like the LOTR, GTA VC and inparticular the Getaway are
> so popular with the gaming public that they have sold out in many
> places accross the country due to the demand out stripping the
> supply.

One of the top selling games of the Christmas period was Harry Potter, what does that tell you..?
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:58
"Uzi Lover"
Top score, they're called the January sales.
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:58
Regular
Update2.01 wrote:
> U don't C many PS2 people on here.

> D) They are stuck in one of the other chat rooms, and don't know how
> to use their PC's to get out of it and don't know this room is even
> here!

I get the star prise! The most expensive piece of rubbish ever made! a PS2! Boo! I already got one, I want an Xbox!! *looks at what he typed* *dies*
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:57
Regular
"DS..."
Top score wrote:
> Update2.01 wrote:
>
> C) They are 2 busy playing PS2 games
>
> So are the Nintendo and Xbox fans busy playing PS2 games.

um yeah that makes sense... *rolls eyes* *slaps Top Score across the face with a PS2 controller* now run along and play your sub-standard games like a good, biased, fanboy casual gamer. ;)

slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.