GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-BOX getting MGS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/01/02 at 18:45
Regular
Yes you heard me right The X-Box are getting Metal Gear Solid 2 on there console.

Damm!

I don't like this decision as MGS1 brought the PS1 to a whole new level and with MGS2 that is a sole reason alone to own a PS2. I just feel that X-Box are taking away PS2's pride and joy.

How do you feel about this?
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:23
Regular
Though I got to say if Metal Gear Solid 2 ever made it to the X box then it would be superior to the Playstation 2 version in terms of audio and graphics maybe even difficulty / gameplay like what Capcom has done to Genma Onimusha ( with the inclusion of green orbs, ten extra hidden flurites and even the new difficult mode ).

That also brings me to the topic of ports, it seems like Capcom isnt a very good terms with SCE as the Resident Evil Code Veronica port from the dreamcast to Playstation 2 isnt as good when compared to the port of Onimusha to Genma Onimusha for X box. I mean Resident Evil Code: Veronica X is the same as the dreamcast version in every way but Genma Onimusha isnt just a straight port.
Fri 01/02/02 at 11:01
Regular
Share the joy............

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me, it's good enough for emmmmmmmmmm, the Xbox, so stop whining....

"Sorry about the Dodgy quote ;)*
Fri 01/02/02 at 10:25
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
From IGN

Konami Kills MGSX Rumors

We've gotten the official word from Konami Japan about the release of Metal Gear Solid X on Xbox.

February 5, 2001

In the recent weeks, a lot of rumors have been spreading over the Internet with regard to the upcoming Xbox release of Metal Gear Solid. Some of these rumors have said that MGS on Xbox will be an upgraded version of the first Metal Gear Solid with some new moves for Snake from MGS2, while others have suggested that this particular piece of information is completely false.
Since this is obviously something that's of interest to all fans of Metal Gear, we figured we go straight to the source and get an official statement from Konami of Japan. According to a representative from Konami Computer Entertainment Japan (KCEJ), Konami has made no official announcements on what exactly Metal Gear Solid on Xbox will entail.

He went on to say that all (and he stressed ALL) of what people have been saying about MGS for Xbox are simply rumors and nothing more. The Metal Gear Solid team is only working on Metal Gear Solid 2 for PlayStation 2 and has nothing at all to say about MGS for Xbox at this time.

Konami's representative went on to add, "This is what I hate about the Internet era. It's so easy for rumors to develop. It's created freedom of speech with anonymity."
Fri 01/02/02 at 10:20
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Natbuc wrote:
1) Konami annonced
> that they wish to concentrate on Nintendo and Sony. That is why u never find ISS
> or indeed MGS on SEGA or other consoles.

Actually, Konami America did develop Castlevania for the DC- but the game was reportedly below par, resulting in Konami Japan ordering them to drop it.

The fact is that Konami have always been very secretive of their console plans. It is clear that they do have development kits, and have been in a lot of contact with the Xbox team in Japan recently (as have Namco and a few others), and I can't see any reason for them not to develop for the console.

2) If Konami wanted the x-box to be
> a succes then they wouldn't have moved the release date of PS2 MGS2 to that of
> the release of the x-box- 08/03/02. They did this so sony would sell more
> consoles and try to get people to NOT get the x-box. So if they were going to
> release there games on x-box then why would they try and turn people away from
> x-box?

A very interesting point... however, I think the delay will be more Sony's doing than Konami's- after all, Sony get the final say on publishing games and release dates. Konami would like to get the game out as soon as possible- to delay it would mean that they could actually lose revenue to Xbox sales.

Sonic
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Make that 29th March 2002. I'm a year out...
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:48
Regular
bingbong wrote:
> On the subject of RPGs going slightly off topic when is Grandia 2 coming out on
> the PS2? Should be a nice game to play until FFX arrives.

29th March 2001 (roughly). And it IS a nice game to play, although I had the Dreamcast version.
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:27
On the subject of RPGs going slightly off topic when is Grandia 2 coming out on the PS2? Should be a nice game to play until FFX arrives.
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:08
Regular
Well it IS true that MGS2 is going to appear on the XBox, Konami announced it back in September 2000:

"Konami of Japan announced today that it will develop several high-profile games for the Microsoft Xbox and other next-generation consoles. The major announcement was the confirmation of Metal Gear Solid X for the Xbox. It will be a port of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 2, which signifies an end to the brief console exclusivity of the franchise. The other games being published by Konami on the Xbox console include Jurassic Park X, Crash Bandicoot X, Silent Hill X, and a game based on director John Carpenter's The Thing."

(Source: Another website 29/09/00)

But MGS2 isn't the ONLY reason to own a PS2, I use mine mainly for RPGs, and Final Fantasy X is due up later this year, so I'm happy :)
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:00
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i hope the xbox does'nt get mgs2 because its one of the ps2's pride games. oh well if theres money to be made it does'nt matter.
Thu 31/01/02 at 19:07
my mate has just been over to america and he says the x-box is huge and rubbish, he played on one whilst he was there an he said that the controls were impossible to get used to because they are so complicated so i am SONY all the way i believe that SONY will control the whole gaming market one day because the liscence' they get to produce the games are the best and they always have the best titles unlike NINTENDO AND SEGA and the x-box will be the same as hem a big mistake that will reck the way we think of microsoft!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.