GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-BOX getting MGS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/01/02 at 18:45
Regular
Yes you heard me right The X-Box are getting Metal Gear Solid 2 on there console.

Damm!

I don't like this decision as MGS1 brought the PS1 to a whole new level and with MGS2 that is a sole reason alone to own a PS2. I just feel that X-Box are taking away PS2's pride and joy.

How do you feel about this?
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:45
Regular
Yes you heard me right The X-Box are getting Metal Gear Solid 2 on there console.

Damm!

I don't like this decision as MGS1 brought the PS1 to a whole new level and with MGS2 that is a sole reason alone to own a PS2. I just feel that X-Box are taking away PS2's pride and joy.

How do you feel about this?
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:50
Regular
"Bah"
how reliable is this - r they gonna get GTA3 as well -i heard they mite
MM
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:53
They probably will get all the PS2 games as the companies want to make as much money as possible. The games they wont get are ones made by sony.
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:54
Regular
"360: swfcman"
To be honest it does not really bother me all that much, as long as i get to play the game on my PS2 thats all that matters to me. Sure i would prefer it to be a PS2 exclusive but if that does not happen, so be it.
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:58
It would annoy me if they made the PS2 games better for the x-box
Wed 30/01/02 at 19:31
Regular
They are getting a version of the game I think it is called MGSX, how original. From I heard and I stand to be corrected, it is not exactly the same as MGS2 but a mixed of game 1 and 2.
Wed 30/01/02 at 19:38
As far as i understand X-box where going to get a version of MGS called MGSX, but this was scrapped and i'm pretty sure there not getting MGS2 either. Well thats what i've heard.
Wed 30/01/02 at 19:39
Regular
Like I say I stood to be corrected.
Wed 30/01/02 at 21:10
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
MGSX was never scrapped... it just never had any official news about it- just rumours.

I think it's a sure thing that a Metal gear game WILL come to the Xbox. Why?

Well, as so many people forget, the Metal Gear series began on the Snes, with MG and MG2. It then jumped ship to the PS with MGS and MGS2 on the Ps2. For some reasons Sony fans think that the game has always been on the PS, and that it's the game's natural home- nonsense really! If Konami can make money from an Xbox game they will.

Sonic
Wed 30/01/02 at 21:12
does it matter if it goes to xbox as long as we get to play it on the PS2 as well? i'm not really too bothered about exclusives as long as i get to play the games they can appear on the spectrum zx for all i care

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.