GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tomb Raider : AOD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/01/03 at 10:27
Regular
Ok, love her or loathe her, she'll be making her debut on the PS2 very soon....but when?

Just looked at the following places and all have different dates!

Special Reserve : 01/02/2003

Play : 21/02/2003

Amazon : 14/02/2003

Soooo, anyone got any idea when this is going to be released?
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:11
Regular
Ah, i love Tomb Raider games. My favourite is probably the first one, or Tomb Raider the Last Revelation. They just seem so unbelievable its fun.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:07
"period drama"
For some reason, I really can't seem to be bothered. In fact, I just don't care.
There must be something wrong with me.

TRII was the first game I ever got on me PSX, so maybe I just need a little refreshment.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:06
Regular
Jive wrote:
> pop for hypolk :-)
>
> As you can see there's a wide variation on release dates.
>
> Odin, where'd you get the 28th Jan from?

Not sure, i read it somewhere - possibly came to me in a dream, anyway lets hope it is the 28th
Sun 19/01/03 at 13:58
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
I'm fairly confident it comes out on the 14/02/03.
Sun 19/01/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
pop for hypolk :-)

As you can see there's a wide variation on release dates.

Odin, where'd you get the 28th Jan from?
Fri 17/01/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Control and development of Lara sounds like this could be a major breakthrough in gaming terms...hadn't really read that much about this game before, just knew I would be getting it.

Now I'm really looking forward to it! :D

Come on Mr Snuggly, give us a date for release!
Fri 17/01/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ah that's great news. Thanx Fantasymeister
Fri 17/01/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Anyone got any details on the controls of this, has it been talked
> about in magazines or websites?

Features:

Improve Lara's abilities and witness her adapt to how you play the game. You are rewarded for puzzle solving and exploration in the form of improvements to Lara's jumping ability, brainpower, upper body strength etc.

For the very first time in a Tomb Raider game, Lara has the ability to talk to characters. The choices you make in conversation will affect Lara's route through the game.

Brand new game engine designed to fully utilise the power of PS2. Lara is now made up of over 5,000 polygons as opposed to just 500 in previous games.

Take more direct and fluid control over Lara with an entirely new control system and experience new levels of gameplay with hand-to-hand combat, stealth attacks, last chance grabs, and more.

Source: Tomb Raider Official Website.

So, in short, I think it's going to be analogue control, i.e. MGS type.
Fri 17/01/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well I'll check the website out tonight when I get home, can watch it in peace without the phone ringing.

Certainly sounds like they've done a lot of work especially with the game engine and it certainly seems/looks a lot darker, will definitely be getting this......if only we had a release date!

Noticed on Core's website that it says "due for release late 2002" hmmm, that needs updating methinks!
Fri 17/01/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyone got any details on the controls of this, has it been talked about in magazines or websites? Will it still be the turn on the spot then move forward control like in the previous games or for once press right she'll move right without having to maneouver (sp?) her into position first ie Metal Gear Solid controls. If it's the former i doubt i'll buy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.