GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tomb Raider : AOD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/01/03 at 10:27
Regular
Ok, love her or loathe her, she'll be making her debut on the PS2 very soon....but when?

Just looked at the following places and all have different dates!

Special Reserve : 01/02/2003

Play : 21/02/2003

Amazon : 14/02/2003

Soooo, anyone got any idea when this is going to be released?
Wed 05/03/03 at 22:46
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yep I'll fully agree with that statement, I'd rather Core did a good job with getting as much right with the game than just rushing it out and there being bits that could be improved etc.

I only posted those dates just to show yet again how much the various companies dates range from, plus to bring it to the attention of people incase they'd forgotten about her ;)

*waits patiently*
Wed 05/03/03 at 13:32
"For the horde!!!!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I think the best advice is... "expect her when you see her!"

yes we shouldn't aggonise over release dates so when it appears in the shops or in SR stock then buy and enjoy :). I look at it possitivly because instead of rushing it out at christmas, Core or ironing out bugs and improving gameplay and game features (Hopefully).
Wed 05/03/03 at 12:52
"High polygon count"
I think the best advice is... "expect her when you see her!"
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yep I thought about the days of release as well.....baffles me why SR do that as we usually point it out. Don't know why they don't just put a Friday near the date.

I was thinking it'll probably be nearer June but I'll keep an eye out :)
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:08
"High polygon count"
Jive wrote:
> Play - 26/4 (Saturday)
> SR - 1/5 (Thursday)
> Amazon - 9/5 (Friday)
> Virgin - 30/5 (Friday)
> StreetsOnline - 30/5 (Friday)

In all likelyhood, Play and SR are both wrong, as games are released on Fridays.

However, The Getaway was released on an odd day - a Wednesday, I think?
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:06
"High polygon count"
My local HMV has it down as July!
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:43
"For the horde!!!!"
according to Play it looks like the end of June now.
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:25
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Okay seeing as it's all gone a bit quiet on the TR:AOD front I thought I'd take a quick peek and see what the latest situation for release dates were.

Play - 26/4 (Saturday)

SR - 1/5 (Thursday)

Amazon - 9/5 (Friday)

Virgin - 30/5 (Friday)

StreetsOnline - 30/5 (Friday)

Haven't heard much from Core although I went and checked out their website the other day, wasn't really that impressed with the new layout, just hope the games better :)
Sun 19/01/03 at 15:08
"period drama"
Yeah, I know, I've heard all that - read all that.
But there's something I really can't explain which doesn't get me going.
We'll see.

The 'stealthy' sections I've seen looked like more than a nod toward MGS. And that new guy seems like a total prrk
Sun 19/01/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> so maybe I just need a little refreshment.

Well by the sounds of it, this game is a completely new approach to the series, as FM said, the graphics and game engine has been built from the ground up to harness the power of the PS2.

Plus the game relies on you making decisions which can effect the outcome of the game and Lara develops different strengths as you complete different tasks.

Sounds like this could be one hell of a game......lets hope so! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.